Alchemist Required: Finance and a Major Overhaul by Summer 2023

37 minutes ago, ranger_syntax said:

The manager can get more from this squad.

If the money has been used to stabilise the club finances then we will get the benefit of that in future.

We’ve got 10 injured or suspended players. Not sure the manager can do much about that

13 minutes ago, ascender said:

What sane board are going to throw lots of money at the issue just now? They could literally spend nothing and worst case, we'll finish second and have another crack at CL next year. So why wouldn't they just "consolidate" with the income from last year to get us on a more solid footing going forward? If indeed that's what's happening, I'm just guessing.

That's exactly what will happen. If you take emotion and sentiment away its actually a sensible approach. However it'll be hard to stomach.

2 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

We’ve got 10 injured or suspended players. Not sure the manager can do much about that

I think so. 

Employ a fitness coach worth his salt.

We had superb fitness under Milsom - who, incidentally, is out of work... 👀 

10 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

Management of injuries, and fitness, might have some room for improvement.

Leaving that aside he can get more from the remaining available players.

1 hour ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Yup. Looks like they will have another go at Terry Munro here. We are miles behind. On and off the park.

On the park: I think we can catch up with a few adjustments. 

Off the park: it's been that way since the 80s. 

1 hour ago, buster. said:

Go on lads, get it out of 

your system.

#pathetic (especially from a moderator)

I'm due a break from here anyway (see you in a few weeks).

Whooooosh

Let's not forget how many years Celtic have had guaranteed European income with which to plan. And the fact they've not been able to progress in the CL just shows how massive the gulf is there now.

Why have we not let players like Jack, Helander and Roofe leave/actively tried to sell them/pay them off? That's three first team players we've not been able to rely-on for how many seasons now? Its not cheap to pay them off, but you could make the case that if we'd done that and replaced Roofe with another striker we would have gone in to the EL final with a fit striker.

That's the sort of thing that's driving me nuts - we're making the same mistakes year in, year out or just not addressing them.

Then we go and sign Souttar. Which I wasn't against... if his medical was sound and we'd got rid of Helander. Instead we've doubled the risk of injury at CB. Its maddening.