The Winter 2022/23 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

5 minutes ago, CammyF said:

King and Lowry were / are the next two players who could be sold for decent fees.

King had a few English teams sniffing around when he extended his contract. Given our injury crisis, he was thrown into the team and its fair to say he's struggled. King may recover from his shaky start, but if / when Davies and Goldson return, King will drop out.

Lowry was about to break through but picked up a bad injury. If rumours are to be believed, he returned to the B Team with a "questionable" attitude and lasted only 45mins of the first couple of games he played. Looks like he has knuckled down and is back training with 1st team after a couple of good performances in Lowland League.

McCann looks a prospect and featured under both SG and Gio. 

I like Mc ausland but don't know of he has what it takes. I hope he does because on his game, he looks an excellent football player.

Lovelace could have something to offer and Ure can score goals at Lowland League level but that doesn't guarantee success at 1st team level (see Tony Weston as an example).

Pinning hopes on youth carries as much risk as shoping in the bargain basement, getting one or both working well will be down to luck as much as having the right people in place (which can only help though).

You obviously need to produce or bring in a decent level of youth to have any hope of it working.

I don't know enough to talk about individuals although I would love to see Lowry grab a chance because of how he plays. 

Tillman isn't our player as yet and it would be much better if Lowry could do enough to get in front of him. At least, give him the chance.

19 minutes ago, buster. said:

You obviously need to produce or bring in a decent level of youth to have any hope of it working.

I don't know enough to talk about individuals although I would love to see Lowry grab a chance because of how he plays. 

Tillman isn't our player as yet and it would be much better if Lowry could do enough to get in front of him. At least, give him the chance.

And we've started to sign the best of youth players in Scotland. Recently signed Allan from Hibs and now looking at the kid from Hearts. 

I hope Lowy does make it. He certainly has the talent and ability, I hope he also has the desire and attitude required. He reminds of Ian Durrant and I'd he turns out half as good as Durrant we've won a watch.

Ajax have been using this model for decades, we have (to our shame) just started it - it'll take time to develop.

2 minutes ago, CammyF said:

And we've started to sign the best of youth players in Scotland. Recently signed Allan from Hibs and now looking at the kid from Hearts. 

I hope Lowy does make it. He certainly has the talent and ability, I hope he also has the desire and attitude required. He reminds of Ian Durrant and I'd he turns out half as good as Durrant we've won a watch.

Ajax have been using this model for decades, we have (to our shame) just started it - it'll take time to develop.

It is no easy thing to do in Glasgow. 

7 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

Kamara, Kent, Morelos, Davis, McGregor, Arfield, and Tav - I'd try to move them all on.  

It's been stale since 55.  

If Beale is serious about creating his new attacking "identity" and a team that "doesn't take a backward step" then the likes of Kamara, Kent, Morelos, Davis, McGregor, Tavernier, Matondo, Barisic, Souttar, Ofoborh, Roofe, McLaughlin and Helander will need to transform their contribution or be shipped out very soon. That's a hell of a lot of first team players who simply haven't been delivering as they should and an indication of the size of the task for Beale.

4 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Get paid well, challenge for trophies and play in Europe in front of 50k supporters or go and fight relegation in front of a bunch of farmers. Will never understand this mentality.

Or...play in a league with Messi and Mbappe, visit Monaco and Paris, with minimal pressure to win versus people going mad at you for not hammering teams that play on synthetic surfaces and cold nights in Dingwall.  

Players will go where they're offered most money.