The Winter 2022/23 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

1 hour ago, Bill said:

I don't think we'll improve this team without some radical changes, some of which won't be universally well received. Kent, Morelos, Kamara, Barisic, Tamundo all need to go asap. We also need to consider selling Leon king sooner rather than later because I can't see him getting many more games this season. I have mixed feelings about Tavernier but he's never a Rangers captain and if he can't lift himself out of his current slump then he's of little use to us.

I think people will be amazed at the difference a performing manager will make in current players. 

31 minutes ago, the gunslinger said:

I think people will be amazed at the difference a performing manager will make in current players. 

You're probably right but I think people will also be amazed how much of an improvement comes with freshening up the dressing room. Some of our players won't be easily moved out of their negativity.

Edited by Bill

14 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

I can see Kamara returning to form.

MB likes his three sitting midfielders (going by SG's spell) supporting the three attackers and attacking FBs. 

That will be something of a miracle. Kamara hasn't shown any form for the last two years. He'd be one of the first off the books for me. No heart.

22 minutes ago, Bill said:

That will be something of a miracle. Kamara hasn't shown any form for the last two years. He'd be one of the first off the books for me. No heart.

Did he not have a couple of good games against PSV? And he definitely had a few in the EL last season.

All too infrequent though, but I wouldn't say he's done nothing.

16 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Kamara, Kent, Morelos, Davis, McGregor, Arfield and Tav - I'd try to move them all on.  

It's been stale since 55.  

We can get money for Barisic. He'd have to be on the shipping manifest.

3 hours ago, the gunslinger said:

Yes, Gio managed it about eleven months ago but as sure as night follows day, this group won't be able to keep it up for a sustained period.

We aren't going to be able to change everything in the January window but we need to use the next two windows to have a much more energectic and fresh looking squad for the beginning of 23/24.

IMO Ross Wilson isn't the man to be at the heart of this.

He now comes accross as a somewhat confused individual attempting (poorly) to justify himself. 

Is he on the Red Bull or something ? Can't stop bouncing around in his chair. Hadn't noticed this until the Beale Blue Room Presser.