The Winter 2022/23 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

1 minute ago, BEARGER said:

Rumour from BBC that Newcastle will be letting 4 players leave in January. Ryan Fraser being one.

Does it say who the others are?

I don't know why I'm intrigued: their wages will be too much for us. 

3 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Listening to the Gerset podcast and I hear the line about the January transfer window being difficult to do business in. I think there is truth to that in some ways where teams are half way through a season and competing for prizes. They wont want to sell key players.

However in some cases, like the lad Josh Onomah we have been linked with at Fulham he is exactly the profile of a player who would be an ideal January signing. If we are smart enough the players are there and available. There are lots of similar cases of players who are now out of favour due to change in manager or circumstances who we could be targeting. 

Transfer windows are like going out on a Friday night.

You begin with hopes of getting your hole with a durty looker. In the end you get lucky with a relative munter and 2 weeks later you have a dose.

3 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

Does it say who the others are?

I don't know why I'm intrigued: their wages will be too much for us. 

Newcastle will allow 29-year-old English centre-back Jamaal Lascelles, Northern Ireland left-back Jamal Lewis, 24, and Scottish wingers Matt Ritchie, 33, and Ryan Fraser, 28, to leave in January.