The Winter 2022/23 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

18 minutes ago, ascender said:

I think anyone we can get offers-for will go in January, especially Morelos & Kent.

I'd drive Morelos to Tranmere to get him off the wage bill and out of the dressing room.

IF Kent is going to Everton (DB rumour above), he could get a lift at the same time.

I've always liked Porteous and wouldn't hesitate to put him in a Rangers shirt if the price was right. He has the potential to be a great Rangers centre half or make us a load of money. We should cut our loses with Helander & Souttar.

1 hour ago, Bill said:

I've always liked Porteous and wouldn't hesitate to put him in a Rangers shirt if the price was right. He has the potential to be a great Rangers centre half or make us a load of money. We should cut our loses with Helander & Souttar.

Doesn't appear to be injury prone either , though i'm sure we could shake that out of him.

My son bumped in to Porteous in a local shop a couple of months back and while my boy isn't a Hibs fan, Porteous was more than happy to stop for a picture and also took the time to ask him about who he played for, what position etc, a general chat about football and by all accounts was a thoroughly nice guy.

Make of that what you will. He's clearly had issues off the field, as have lots of young Scottish footballers, but thought it was worth mentioning as a counterpoint to a lot I see online about him which seems to just focus on the infamous incidents which have been in the press.

7 minutes ago, craig said:

Wait till you find out Beale was apparently at the World Cup (which makes little sense as he was at the AGM).... and that Jason Cummings was also at the World Cup..... 

Wait a minute ...... what are you trying to say here?

Dreamworks Animation What GIF by The Croods: A New Age

6 hours ago, der Berliner said:

Some whispers that Kent wants to quit and Everton might offer him that route.

More like Tranmere Rovers...but I wouldn't put it past Everton to not only go for Kent, but pay way too much for him. 

I don't think we'll improve this team without some radical changes, some of which won't be universally well received. Kent, Morelos, Kamara, Barisic, Tamundo all need to go asap. We also need to consider selling Leon king sooner rather than later because I can't see him getting many more games this season. I have mixed feelings about Tavernier but he's never a Rangers captain and if he can't lift himself out of his current slump then he's of little use to us.