• Fashion Sakala
    • Alfredo Morelos
    • Steven Davis
    • Scott Arfield
    • Scott Wright
    • Rabbi Matondo
    • Ben Davies

16 minutes ago, Bill said:

Neither of Hibs goals we exactly wonder strikes and both should have been prevented by the players we had on the park … why they froze like deer in headlights is concerning but the way they shook it off after ht was also impressive and I suspect was as much to do with certain senior players as anything the manager said. 

It was only after watching the highlights that I noticed the ball through for the 2nd goal took a wicked deflection that directed it into Nisbetts path. 

However, as you say, it was avoidable and it was annoying given that it was right after we equalised

The first goal, I'm unsure in McGregor could have came for the corner but no excusing the free header.

59 minutes ago, CammyF said:

It was only after watching the highlights that I noticed the ball through for the 2nd goal took a wicked deflection that directed it into Nisbetts path. 

However, as you say, it was avoidable and it was annoying given that it was right after we equalised

The first goal, I'm unsure in McGregor could have came for the corner but no excusing the free header.

Pretty sure Lundstram diverted Nisbett's shot in off the post too.

1 minute ago, CammyF said:

Bit early to say that in my humble opinion 

The Divine orgasm is a tad premature. He did well enough against Hibs and all credit to him but in no way was he MOTM. Sympathetic recognition of a young player’s performance shouldn’t cloud rational judgement. 

9 hours ago, Bill said:

Neither of Hibs goals we exactly wonder strikes and both should have been prevented by the players we had on the park … why they froze like deer in headlights is concerning but the way they shook it off after ht was also impressive and I suspect was as much to do with certain senior players as anything the manager said. 

Yep.  The manager said himself it was down to the players and he only provides the template.  

However, I’d wager we would not have seen that response if the game was 5-6 weeks ago. 

26 minutes ago, stewarty said:

Yep.  The manager said himself it was down to the players and he only provides the template.  

However, I’d wager we would not have seen that response if the game was 5-6 weeks ago. 

I've no doubt you're right. Gio's main job was to lift the squad and instil self-believe but his talent seemed to lie in sucking the motivation out of everyone. I think Gio is a really decent bloke who harbours genuine feeling for the club but found himself in the wrong job at the wrong time. Perhaps with fewer injuries and more stability in the squad things might have turned out differently but as it was he had to go and I hope he understands that. As far as I'm concerned he's one of us and will always be welcome back at Ibrox. I wish him well.