[FT] Aberdeen 2 - 3 Rangers (Sakala 12; Arfield 90+5, 90+7)

8 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

Sands' preferred position is actually right in a back-three; that's where he was at his best for NY. 

Where is your preferred position?

I would say definitely the holding midfield role, that’s where I am most comfortable. At my previous club, I bounced around a little and have played centre-back for the national team as well, but I think I am definitely more comfortable at holding mid. That’s a big reason I came here because they saw me in that position. That’s my No.1

https://www.rangersreview.co.uk/news/19881924.james-sands-rangers-q-full-best-position-claudio-reynas-advice-ronny-deilas-recommendations/

11 minutes ago, Frankie said:

I would say definitely the holding midfield role, that’s where I am most comfortable. At my previous club, I bounced around a little and have played centre-back for the national team as well, but I think I am definitely more comfortable at holding mid. That’s a big reason I came here because they saw me in that position. That’s my No.1

https://www.rangersreview.co.uk/news/19881924.james-sands-rangers-q-full-best-position-claudio-reynas-advice-ronny-deilas-recommendations/

Oh, really?

I remember reading about when he signed and I recall him playing right in a back three. 

Maybe that was just the author's judgement on his best position?

He definitely suits playing further forward (CDM) or with cover. 

14 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

Oh, really?

I remember reading about when he signed and I recall him playing right in a back three. 

Maybe that was just the author's judgement on his best position?

He definitely suits playing further forward (CDM) or with cover. 

Right of the back 3 had been his position up until the few months before we signed him. At the time of signing him the talk was that it was as a DM who can also cover at the back, with Davis and Jack ageing. 

For a relatively small fee I would probably take Sands. I find him quite error prone in defence tbh. The kind of guy who seems to have more bad luck than others. 

Edited by DMAA

Had a look at the stats on Sofascore and FotMob just out of interest. They give player ratings based purely on stats.

They had Goldson and Tillman as the best performers. One thing I notice about Tillman’s stats every time is he performs very well in duels. 

The worst performers were Jack, Sands and McGregor. Devine actually scored low too. 

34 minutes ago, Frankie said:

When he is in midfield he reminds me of Bert Konterman playing there. Needless to say i dont think we need that type of player.