[FT] Aberdeen 2 - 3 Rangers (Sakala 12; Arfield 90+5, 90+7)

Jum Spence has a very typical Twitter feed this evening.

He fail fails to mention this evening's opening scorer in the Aberdeen - Rangers fixture.

Then, he posts a picture of John Wayne(the Duke) and eulogises the free kick struck by Duk. Encouraged, he then lionises the volley by Clarkson and ends his comments by approving the Pittodrie attendance of 18,025 with a photo of the Dons banner, 'Stand Free'. Jum's next and final Tweet of the night is a prompt for his column in tomorrow's Dundee Courier on gender discrimination.

I know, we are all wondering how the Dandies versus the Bears finished? 

Can I just say, 'Merry Crumbo Jumbo'.

8 hours ago, RANGERRAB said:

Relieved more than anything but MB must surely see where our problems are. We make too many basic mistakes in our play, concede goals too easily & are still too predictable.

If Ben Davies was fit(& I’m not saying he wasn’t) what made him play Sands at CB? 

Davies is a much better CB than Sands

He said that he didn't want to risk both Goldson and Davies so soon after returning when we also have a match on Friday. I think the aim will be to play both on Friday.

12 minutes ago, the gunslinger said:

thats the spirit that wins leagues. 

I don’t think we are anywhere near that. The last two games have been brilliant results but have also shown the huge problems with the squad. We need a turnover of playing staff, it seems clear to me.

24 minutes ago, PoohBear said:

We need a turnover of playing staff, it seems clear to me.

I think most people agree with this, including some of the playing squad themselves.

Unfortunately, without some big sales (unlikely), I can't see it happening.  

25 minutes ago, Bill said:

James Sands is becoming associated with too many mistakes in central defence and is in danger of becoming what we see too often in football - a good player whose career suffers from being played out of position too often.

I've always seen Sands as a very decent defensive midfielder who can pass and be robust when he needs to be. By rights he should by now have been taking the field in place of Davis or even Jack but there's a real danger he'll be seen as a poor centre back rather than aa good midfielder. It's a pity for him as an individual and for us as a club. If the option to sign him permanently isn't exercised, you just know he's the sort of player who will turn up on our screen playing in a top league.

Hopefully last night was the last time we'll see him played there with Goldson, Davies and King now all available. Goldson understandably looked rusty last night but no reason why he can Davies can't both play on Friday or at least King alongside them.

Sands does look better in midfield but I'm not so sure I'd be wanting to spend the thick end of £4-5m on him. Consistency is an issue - explained by him being moved about and in and out of the team - but there are aspects of his play that concern me. Easy to forget he is only 22 though.

I'm undecided but given the poor form and injury unreliability of other midfield players then chances are we'll see him more regularly in his preferred position for the rest of his loan deal. Only then can we judge him properly.