[FT] Ross County 0 - 1 Rangers (Lundstram 35)

Only thing to say about Sakala/Morelos misses is that Sakala had time to react and shoot but Morelos's chance came right at him after a save by Laidlaw and the speed of the ball gave Alfie no time to react.

As for Matondo my nightmares continue!!!!!

Just now, MacK1950 said:

Only thing to say about Sakala/Morelos misses is that Sakala had time to react and shoot but Morelos's chance came right at him after a save by Laidlaw and the speed of the ball gave Alfie no time to react.

As for Matondo my nightmares continue!!!!!

I don't think we should describe Morelos' effort as a "chance". I rebounded off him before he had any hope of reacting. Sakala, to be fair, made contact with the ball and his effort was on target but saved by the keeper.

Matondo on the other hand made it fairly plain he is unable to take his opportunities at Rangers and should be sold as soon as we can reasonably cut our losses. If he has any talent then he seems determined to hide it.

Celtc aren't exactly thumping anyone at the moment either.  

We didn't play well tonight but were largely in control and if Kamara, Sakala and Matondo had managed to get a decent shot away we'd have walked it.  

Did folk expect us to waltz matches with a new manager, despite the horrendous injury list and lack of confidence in the squad?  

I’ve seen a few people say that Devine had a good game and yeah he did ok. But I think it was clear to me that he found himself in so much space so often as County didn’t think he could hurt them and other than that Sakala chance in the second he didn’t. Not a criticism of Adam Devine more of how County defended.

9 hours ago, CammyF said:

Why? Both were 5 yards from goal. Sakala at least drew a save from the keeper, Alfie had an open goal. Worst miss since Van Vossan. 

Correct, Sakala hit the target with keeper saving. Alfies came at him so quick he couldn't adjust. Matondo one on one with the keeper i could have scored, he almost ran into the keeper, absolute sitter.

28 minutes ago, onevision said:

Correct, Sakala hit the target with keeper saving. Alfies came at him so quick he couldn't adjust. Matondo one on one with the keeper i could have scored, he almost ran into the keeper, absolute sitter.

You could have scored? What's your scoring record in top flight football? 

Alfies was the worst miss, then Sakalas - 5 yards out one misses an open goal and one hits the keeper when if he had put it either side it was a goal. 

It's OK tho, as Matondo is the "whipping boy" and the "laughing stock" as we've got to have one and it's his time.

Maybe worth listening to the manager when he was asked about him. Said something along the lines of "he's one of us, he'll get all the support he needs to regain his confidence, he's played in Belgium and Germany but is short of confidence"  - what a novel idea.