[FT] Rangers 3 (Colak 50; Tillman 71; Sands 86) - 2 Partick Thistle

13 hours ago, Bluedell said:

Disgraceful decision by Beale. First time I recall booing a Rangers manager. 

That is a bit extreme for you BD.

Tillman, understandably misjudged a particular situation within the game and scored a (well taken) goal that really shouldn't have been scored.

Beale takes the responsibility and takes a decision that I think, especially given context, is very much the right thing to do.

Disagree, fine...but disgraceful, give me peace.

Had it been in the League Cup Final, I would agree with you. Unless 9 goals to the good, in which case, it would actually add to the fun.

Ps. Was at a game at Tynecastle (80's IIRC) when we as a support actually collectively applauded a Hearts goal (I think we had already reached 5).

Edited by buster.

It's a fairly difficult situation to analyse.  Tillman did nothing wrong but, after the manager's explanation, I think Beale made the right choice.

If nothing else it makes the club's usual critics want to self-combust however, if we'd gone on to lose that game, the manager would have come under immense pressure.

In the end though, it worked out and we move on - hopefully with come credit in the back with the officials. ;)

1 hour ago, buster. said:

That is a bit extreme for you BD.

Tillman, understandably misjudged a particular situation within the game and scored a (well taken) goal that really shouldn't have been scored.

Beale takes the responsibility and takes a decision that I think, especially given context, is very much the right thing to do.

Disagree, fine...but disgraceful, give me peace.

Had it been in the League Cup Final, I would agree with you. Unless 9 goals to the good, in which case, it would actually add to the fun.

Ps. Was at a game at Tynecastle (80's IIRC) when we as a support actually collectively applauded a Hearts goal (I think we had already reached 5).

If Thistle wanted to give us the ball back they could have thrown it straight to us. 

Where exactly was the guy going to kick it after his second or third touch? To one of our players or out the park? Nobody can say for sure what his intentions were. What Rangers players were free at that point? Would Thistle have challenged us immediately?

If Thistle want sporting then why didn't the take the player off who deliberately stamped on Tillman and play the game with 10 men?

What would your opinion be if we were knocked out the cup because of it? 

Is it right only because it's Thistle? You say that you agree that it's disgraceful if he'd ordered it done against Celtic, but surely we as a club should be consistent and it's disrespectful to Thistle to gift them a goal because we look at them being weak.

Tillman did nothing wrong and I'm still angry at Beale's decision.