Georgia v Scotland

I think that would be a little bit of a risk, but I'd rather have half fit Fletcher than have to risk bringing in the likes of untested players like Robson or have to play somebody like Teale

Sir Awex wont be happy with that. Its a bit of a risk but as you say id rather his presence than Teale.

Id rather Severin, Fletcher (Hibs) or Kevin Thomson got called up than playing Teale etc.

Sir Awex wont be happy with that. Its a bit of a risk but as you say id rather his presence than Teale.

Id rather Severin, Fletcher (Hibs) or Kevin Thomson got called up than playing Teale etc.

It was Sir Bawbag himsewlf who gave AMc and Scotland permission to take Fletcher to Georgia.

Cammy F

It was Sir Bawbag himsewlf who gave AMc and Scotland permission to take Fletcher to Georgia.

Cammy F

Then again he does want his "fringe" players out on loan to get more action. Fletcher is more of a fringe player at man u. If it was Giggs or Rooney coming back from injury you can bet he wouldnt let them near the international squad

Thomson is a good shout. He's done OK with us and has performed well especially in europe beside Hemdani and BF. He could perform a similar role beside BF and Brown for Scotland maybe

Scotland will be without Scott Brown and Alan Hutton for Wednesday's Euro 2008 qualifier against Georgia due to injury.

The pair both started the 3-1 win over Ukraine at Hampden Park, although Brown was replaced late on by Aston Villa's Shaun Maloney.

Scotland coach Roy Aitken earlier admitted the pair were touch-and-go and now it has been confirmed they will miss out due to minor knocks.

Maloney could well fill the void vacated by Brown's absence while Graham Alexander is the likely candidate to replace Hutton.

Meanwhile, Scotland boss Alex McLeish has confirmed Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has given Darren Fletcher the green light to play for Scotland.

Fletcher is on the mend after breaking a bone in his foot, but is in line to feature against Georgia as he has been pencilled in to play for United against Aston Villa next week.

"(Ferguson) said that he'll play next weekend for Manchester United therefore he can play for Scotland," McLeish told Sky Sports News

With us having the first OF game on Saturday, I'd feel a lot better if NONE of ourt players played on Wednesday. In fact, with McGregor, McCulloch and now Hutton all struggling to be fit for Saturday, we cannot afford another injury.

Cammy F

I'm saying what I always say - good luck to Scotland, good luck to those who 'follow' them - hope that Scotland qualify but still not interested enough to be entirely 'interested' either way....

Strange question to ask tho - if Rangers are / were doing well, I wouldn't ask what feelings fans with 'little interest' in Rangers were feeling, I'd be too happy enjoying the success to care.

Cammy F

Cammy you obviously felt that this post was attacking you. You stated in an earlier post that people should respect you for your non support of Scotland, but the fact is you are the one who keeps attacking Scotland fans. No one on this forum has ever attacked you for not supporting Scotland but time and time again you come away with i hate the tartan army.If you want to keep Scotland in the 18th century with i am a Presbyterian boy therefore i can't support Scotland then that is up to you, but keep it to yourself because the most posters on here support Scotland. Don't play for the hurt innocent guy who keeps getting slagged for not supporting Scotland. You are the one who who makes an issue of it. A shame really you are not flexible enough to open your mind to modern thinking.

Fletcher is hit or miss whether he will play or not. I think Eck should have called up a fully fit midfielder aswell incase Fletcher doenst make it or gets injured while playing.

Its a bit of a blow having the first OF derby after such a big international double header and now we have lost Brown and Hutton. IMO Scotland need them as much as the OF but i can see both playing on Saturday.

Wednesday will be tough