Georgia v Scotland

Awful display. Biggest surprise for me was how much we missed the guys who were suspended. We struggled from the kick-off and I thought there was no hope of us getting anything within a few minutes. Weird how you can tell that about matches sometimes.

So, destiny is still in our hands, if we beat Italy at Hampden, we're through...

Bin that strip for a start, revolting is an understatement !!

Can't believe I was denied watching the match tonight by an Ops manager who fukked off home early himself to watch the match. I hope he dies in a fire !!

Oh well folks we just need to beat the world champions, that's all !!

:uzi:

Murty, atrocious. Pearson and Maloney are just what they were, celtic reserve players.Fletcher was obviously not fit. Mcfadden lost the plot but that is because he wanted too much. No problems with the rest they done their best but georgia beat us fair and square.

So this is where is kinda collapsed.

It was a game too far with the players being brought in and those not being fit.

I was annoyed when I heard the score this morning. Its easy where to start to point some needless blame but Im wondering why Dailly didnt get the nod to play a more holding role because Fletcher was NEVER going to be match fit.

We missed McCulloch and Browns pressance and strength whereas we missed Hutton and Naysmiths quality compared to Murty and Alexander. WTF is Murty even in the squad for - McNamara is still a better option there.

What makes things worse was the French were jammy, only scoring both there goals in the last 12 mins.

So now its a massive cup final against Italy. Its going to be hard and we will need one helluva performance from our strongest XI but we can win it.

Has McLeishs' and Scotlands luck ran out?

Pearson was awful on Saturday against Ukraine and I only think he kept his place because Brown and McCulloch were out. He was shocking again though. Maloney hardly kicked a ball all night. I was expecting him to at least test the keeper when he had that free kick at the start of the 2nd half. As Pete says, Fletcher wasn't fit and shouldn't have started. OK, we were short of players but I'd rather have a fit player than an unfit one play. Fletcher has still to convince me that's he's good enough.

Ferguson? Average. Didn't do much at all. I think he had Saturdays game in mind.

Murty? Pish!

If Faddy scored right at the start of the game would it have been a different story? I don't think it would. We were awful!

Has McLeishs' and Scotlands luck ran out?

I havent seen the game but I think McLeish got the team very wrong. I also think his squad picks were wrong - Murty shouldnt be near the squad and i dont rate Alexander.

That 2 along with playing Fletcher was wrong. IMO Dailly should have started or even Barry Robson - whats he in the squad for? Had Dailly played it could release the likes of Maloney a lot more.

We needed a strong solid performance and we were too light weight in the personnel.

But its not over - we have to beat Italy

But the problem now is the whole country got excited and thought we were pretty much going to the finals.

Even if we dont qualify id take another campaign like that over a piss poor boring one which is finished after 6 games.

UEFA really need to look at the qualification structure. The likes of San Marino, Faroes, Luxemborg, Malta, Wales :) etc should play a pre-qualifying round. If these teams are out earlier then the amount of games can be reduced in the proper groups.

The seeding structure is all wrong aswell - in one group you have turkey, greece and norway - none of who are world beaters (although greece nicked the last Euro's) - but then you get France and Italy paired together.