[FT] Rangers 3 (Goldson 42; Nolan 58 o.g.; Arfield 88) - 0 Raith Rovers

Pretty poor stuff really but it's job done so can't complain too much. Bit disappointed at how disjointed we were at times but credit to Raith for parking the bus quite effectively.

7 minutes ago, Frankie said:

Pretty poor stuff really but it's job done so can't complain too much. Bit disappointed at how disjointed we were at times but credit to Raith for parking the bus quite effectively.

Job done, that's about it

I thought Ridvan's cameo was quite good. 

It'll obviously take him a while to get up to speed, but I like the look of his style of play.

Barasic is effective but mainly a crosser, which is not the best skill set for us because we play against a lot of teams that park the bus; it plays into their hands a lot of the time. 

Take that considering Raith were packing their box out. Like others have said it's good to see Ridvan and Souttar as well to be fair.

Heard Beale say we need to be more patient when playing at ibrox but I don't see why we can't still press and harry and play with a quick tempo, I just dont see the slower, patient build up being conjusive to breaking teams down. Maybe I'm reading too much into it because he has delivered results so far (bar choking the final).

MOTM Davies for me, mopped up and won his tackles I thought.

Chris Jack

@Chris_Jack89

Rangers statement: “Rangers refused to allow an offensive banner relating to the police service to be displayed at today’s match. "The Union Bears elected to absent themselves from the stadium because the Club would not permit the offensive anti-police banner display.”

13 minutes ago, BEARGER said:

Chris Jack

@Chris_Jack89

Rangers statement: “Rangers refused to allow an offensive banner relating to the police service to be displayed at today’s match. "The Union Bears elected to absent themselves from the stadium because the Club would not permit the offensive anti-police banner display.”

If this is true I salute the club.

Too many politics, and social garbage injected into sports as it is. 

Keep your social issues and your political crap out of the stadiums. 

If they would only do this in the US. 

38 minutes ago, yuddie said:

I just dont see the slower, patient build up being conjusive to breaking teams down

We did this in the 55 season to great effect, sucking teams out. If you just go at teams fast when they sit in, it doesn't work, utterly pointless. You have to be really confident at your ability to hold onto the ball and wait for the mistake to come, a wee space to open up, then go quickly.