[FT] Celtic 3 - 2 Rangers (Tavernier 45', 79')

13 hours ago, compo said:

My only concern was Celtic weren’t very good today yet wrapped up the points 

Seperate Entity,  weren't playing their best in the LCF either, furthermore they didn't really perform as they can in the new year Derby.

This was also the case in their CL fixtures.

See a pattern there Compo?

Admitted,  they are currently a better side than us, but every time they don't win by a barrow load, there's a media consensus that they've underperformed. There's seldom any consideration towards the team that has stopped them doing so.

The game yesterday was Groundhog Day, that's 3 goals in the last 2 league games against them we have GIFTED,  Celtc apart from their first goal didn't need to work hard to get 2 of their goals yesterday. 

Our defence is shocking and we need to address this, also our strikers too, Morelos, Colak and Sakala are not going to get us the goals next season to win the league 

I like Tillman but that's 4 Celtc games that has passed him by, he dilly dallies on the ball, you can't do that in games against them

I'm sick and tired now watching THEM not having to work hard to beat us, they pounce on the chances we literally give them, we are not clinical and I'm getting to the point of frustration with our players,  this semi coming up is one of the most important games in a few years, we MUST win it, but I've no confidence in this shower.

16 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

I like Tillman and think he's a very capable footballer but there's no way we should be spending what Bayern Munich want on him.  He has done absolutely nothing in any of the games he's played against that lot.  

Hagi is a more useful player.

This is a ludicrous take. 

50 minutes ago, YoungDavy said:

this semi coming up is one of the most important games in a few years, we MUST win it, but I've no confidence in this shower.

Why is the semi one of the most important game of the last few years?

Because its stops another treble for them? That's not that important in respect to us tbh. They've won so much recently another won't change things at Ibrox. Did last years SCSF save our season? Not in my estimation.

There have been far far more important matches this season alone than the upcoming SF. The LCF, NY Derby, our 4 CL qualifiers to name just a few.

In the environment of this zero error margin 2 horse race league, it could be argued that almost every SPFL fixture is more important than a cup semi final 

Edited by gaspard

A team with a few notches up in quality would have destroyed them yesterday. We just need to find players that can increase our quality levels and have a direct impact on the first XI. Easier said than done mind...

IMO we have been playing with a dysfunctional strike force for too long. Morelos' physical and mental condition impacts his effectiveness greatly. Colak has lost any momentum gained during the initial part of the season and is somewhat one dimensional. Sakala is hit and miss (more miss IMO). 

1 hour ago, YoungDavy said:

I like Tillman but that's 4 Celtc games that has passed him by, he dilly dallies on the ball, you can't do that in games against them

How long will it take him to learn?

He's been the same all season.