[FT] Aberdeen 2 - 0 Rangers

24 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

I'd keep Jack. 

It's a perfect opportunity to rebuild, though. 

I’ve been back and fore in Jack, but I've reached the stage where I just want all the injury prone players gone so that we can get more consistency in our starting 11. 

2 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Staggered to see on here that a few consider Jack should stay. I like Jack a lot but any thoughts of us overtaking the Tims should not involve a guy that is injured as much as he plays.

To be fair, I think it's only me. :D

6 minutes ago, DMAA said:

I’ve been back and fore in Jack, but I've reached the stage where I just want all the injury prone players gone so that we can get more consistency in our starting 11. 

Makes sense.

7 minutes ago, Bill said:

I'm so disappointed in myself. I wanted to predict an Aberdeen win in the GPL and chickened out to a draw. Lost opportunity!

If we are honest with ourselves, it's been coming. We've ridden our luck under Beale.

Papering over the cracks and just shows the magnitude of the job Beale has to turn us around. 

The game today was at least useful in proving the point that if you have 5 or 6 disinterested passengers in your side it doesn't matter who you sign. Frankly, I'm convinced the only way forward is a complete restart with most of the current first team being released or sold. There seems to be a culture of defeat that pervades everything we do and it seems to get passed on to everyone who joins the club. We cope while lesser teams are backing off but as soon as an opposition puts us under pressure we have no response.

It's a bit daunting to see how big a job lies ahead and there isn't a snowball's chance in hell it will be completed this summer. By the looks of it we could well have another 2 or 3 seasons of the same frustrations ahead unless someone tracks down the Ibrox money tree.

17 minutes ago, DMAA said:

The reluctance to get rid of Jack isn't a failure to appreciate his injury issues - it's a recognition of his importance to the team. I've recently accepted he should probably go but unless we can replace him effectively then his going will certainly weaken an already struggling team.

A stat taken from another forum 

Here are the stats for each of the goalkeepers who started this weekend:

Roos saves 71% of shots at goals.
Clarke 66%
Laidlaw 68
Birgitti 68
George 62
Hart 67
Kelly 66
Carson 61
Walker 67
Matthews 62
Marshall 59
McGregor 59

32 minutes ago, Bill said:

I'm so disappointed in myself. I wanted to predict an Aberdeen win in the GPL and chickened out to a draw. Lost opportunity!

I did the exact same thing!

I was like 1-0 Sheep..."Nooo don't be negative"...1-1😆