[FT] Aberdeen 2 - 0 Rangers

32 minutes ago, DMAA said:

I’ve been back and fore in Jack, but I've reached the stage where I just want all the injury prone players gone so that we can get more consistency in our starting 11. 

Listening to a podcast yesterday on the way home.

Jack has started 36 league games in three years.

I think it was like 55 when you consider all available matches. 

Think how many matches Rangers have played over the past three years? 

Please get rid of him.

32 minutes ago, Bill said:

There seems to be a culture of defeat that pervades everything we do and it seems to get passed on to everyone who joins the club.

There is and it’s because guys who fail to win year on year are retained by and large. Alex Ferguson used to famously move on proven winners when he felt they were about to lose their edge, we don’t even move on losers.

3 minutes ago, compo said:

Well the manager has now less than a week to assemble a team capable of winning a cup semi when I look at what he’s got it like trying to make honey out of cats shite .

The team will depend who is fit. One look at the bench today shows we are down to bare bones. 

Goldson will go straight back into starting 11 if he is fit as will Kent. 

Said previously that I'm dreading next week - can't see how we can win the game (unless we bring our A game and they bring their C game). 

As well as a new GK and at least one CB for next season we need someone up front who can score 25+ goals per season 

Say what you like about Celtic but when they build a team they firstly look at getting goalscorers who can get goals.

We need to do the same for next season

3 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

There is and it’s because guys who fail to win year on year are retained by and large. Alex Ferguson used to famously move on proven winners when he felt they were about to lose their edge, we don’t even move on losers.

Yup, that's about the size of it.

1 minute ago, RANGERRAB said:

As well as a new GK and at least one CB for next season we need someone up front who can score 25+ goals per season 

Say what you like about Celtic but when they build a team they firstly look at getting goalscorers who can get goals.

We need to do the same for next season

They have money to bring in a proven goalscorer, we don't. That's the biggest difference. 

We have one more  game to define our season,win and we should get a cup,lose and it is season from hell.

Losing' I will sit back and let MB and the rest get on with getting summer window done,but will still be at our post-split games.

With regards to all names rumoured on here I haven't heard of the majority of them as I don't follow other clubs players so hope our recruitment team do a due diligence.

Disappointing capitulation but absolutely not a surprise. Must take those chances in first half hour which I thought we were playing quite well up till then. When Sakala goes through one on one I didn’t even get up or get excited, he is so poor in those situations it was inevitable he would hit the keeper. 

What was sadly more interesting was the utter lack of fight in the last half hour, from the manager right  throughout the side. I know the league has been done for weeks but that’s defeats now at the piggery, Hampden and pittodrie where it’s a big mental battle on top of the physical one. 

Im not a fan of Mr talkalotbutdeliverlittle aka Mick Beale and I’ve said from day 1 of his reign I expect it to be shorter than Gio’s but I’m clutching onto 2 good additions he made in January (he stated he expected 4 but only got 2) and hoping this summer window is productive. I’m more interested in leavers than incoming as we can’t move forward until we get rid of a large number of players and get their wages off our payroll. 

One meaningful game left this season, one last chance for most.

7 minutes ago, CammyF said:

They have money to bring in a proven goalscorer, we don't. That's the biggest difference. 

Kyogo only cost them something like £4m.

surely we can afford that.

what worries me is we continue to look in England for players. One of the most expensive markets.

They get most of their players from elsewhere nowadays. We need to do likewise.