[FT] Aberdeen 2 - 0 Rangers

5 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

Kyogo only cost them something like £4m.

surely we can afford that.

what worries me is we continue to look in England for players. One of the most expensive markets.

They get most of their players from elsewhere nowadays. We need to do likewise.

Remember we are hamstrung by FFP and are repeatedly told by the board that we have little to no disposable income.

Our latest accounts showed we spent circa £12M on NEH and that all the income from Patterson / Aribo and Bassey has gone.

We have no players who'll attract decent fees however Kent, Greegsn Alfie et al leaving will free up a hefty slice of wages.

Critical/crucial period for the board as its a case of can't afford to spend big as well as can't afford NOT to spend big. 

Edited by CammyF

2 hours ago, ian1964 said:

A team full of losers, we can only hope we bring in some decent players in the summer!

I was going to say serial losers but knew someone would have said it before me. Massive change needed. I dread Sunday

2 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Remember we are hamstrung by FFP and are repeatedly told by the board that we have little to no disposable income.

Our latest accounts showed we spent circa £12M on NEH and that all the income from Patterson / Aribo and Bassey has gone.

We have no players who'll attract decent fees however Kent, Greegsn Alfie et al leaving will free up a hefty slice of wages.

Critical/crucial period for the board as its a case of can't afford to spend big as well as can't afford NOT to spend big. 

Or we can bring in loanees…

Put simply, we don’t score enough goals( for the amount of possession we have) and concede too many

we need to do something 

8 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Remember we are hamstrung by FFP

I think we're hamstrung by an impending lawsuit over the Elite/Hummel fiasco and a colossal overspend on NEH.

Just now, RANGERRAB said:

Or we can bring in loanees…

Put simply, we don’t score enough goals( for the amount of possession we have) and concede too many

we need to do something 

Agreed, that's where the board need to earn their corn. 

We need to start from the back. We need a keeper and a centre half. Once you stop conceding goals, you only need to score 1 to win a game. Currently we need to score 3 or 4 to win games. 

MB and his staff have worked at clubs like Chelsea and Arsenal and hopefully they have contacts.

I understand Ross Wilson getting criticism but I can't be the only one worried about the rumours he won't be replaced and MB will oversee recruitment.

Just stinks of more penny pinching from the board (or we are more financially hamstrung than we imagine). 

Cutting back on the medical department and our horrendous injury list (and lack of general fitness) can't be coincidence.

3 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Just stinks of more penny pinching from the board (or we are more financially hamstrung than we imagine). 

Oh I think Rangers got lotsa problems.

Chief of which is being consistently (often successfully) sued by everyone in the apparel industry who we enter contract with. 

Elite wanted £9.5m compensation over an alleged breach of contract after Rangers signed a deal with Castore.

Multi-million claim against Rangers over kit sales to go ahead - BBC News

11 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Cutting back on the medical department and our horrendous injury list (and lack of general fitness) can't be coincidence.

Or contract attorneys, apparently.

17 minutes ago, Bill said:

I think we're hamstrung by an impending lawsuit over the Elite/Hummel fiasco and a colossal overspend on NEH.

Regarding NEH - way over budget and opened whilst not been completed. 

Has there been any communication as to when the museum will open and what concerts are booked in the near, medium and longterm?

The more you hear / see regarding NEH you can't help think it was a vanity project that has spectacularly backfired. 

Edited by CammyF

Thought we were progressing diligiently with finances then come Elite bombshell(probably fat man induced).

We are going through hell at moment,so personally I hope that Seperate Entity get skelped in peaedo cases to bring down their advantage.

I'm glad I missed today's match. 

Might give the semi a swerve too.  Rangers, a significant exception (55) noted, are just a constant source of disappointment and have been for over a decade.