[FT] Rangers 0 - 1 Celtic

25 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

I doubt any EPL clubs will look at him due to their abysmal record in Europe.

He may get caught in bed with a dead woman or a live kangaroo; or both. 

Mind you, given the moral turpitude which pervades Piggery Place, rather than dismissal either, or both, would  get him a new and substantially improved contract. 

44 minutes ago, Uilleam said:

The coaches have to take some large degree of responsibiltiy for our lads' attitudes on the field: they are supposed to get guys 'up' for it. 

As for the fhilth, well, if the fat okker departs, I feel that they might struggle to find someone to slot in seamlessly, and continue the style of play, that style for which the players have been selected. 

A change of manager for them offers more potential for an upturn in fortune for us (domestic trophies), than if we keep changing our manager, IMO.

Edited by buster.

This is when a good manager earns his wages will he stick with the same failures until the seasons end or will he make big changes by giving the youngsters their head after all there is nothing to lose but might be something to gain.

12 minutes ago, buster. said:

A change of manager for them offers more potential for an upturn in fortune for us (domestic trophies), than if we keep changing our manager, IMO.

I don't advocate changing coaching staff, now, nor, indeed, at any time, willy-nilly, but it seems clear that they will have to up their game. 

There has to be a substantial churn of players, as Beale et al. seem to be struggling with players who perhaps cannot, or will not be coached, or even coddled, or cajoled, or coerced, into acceptable, winning, performance. 

Beale has a 'rep' as a coach, I am led to believe, but this has yet to transfer onto the field of play. 

I suspect that he has the summer window , pre season, and until Christmas to display his credentials in actual matches. 

11 minutes ago, compo said:

giving the youngsters their head after all there is nothing to lose

Sticking young lads into a team with no heart, in front of already disgruntled supporters, might not be the best course of action.  

3 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Sticking young lads into a team with no heart, in front of already disgruntled supporters, might not be the best course of action.  

They couldn’t be any worse 

50 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Rodgers had a pretty good stint in the EPL though (very nearly won it with Liverpool). The plate-smashing convict has no record in any credible league.

50 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

True, but a man can dream...

Person*

eric-cantona.gif.6d2fde3cf556db6de71571084ae7c6a9.gif