The Summer 2023 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

7 hours ago, Rousseau said:

I see it as the Chelsea owners trying to replicate City Group (Man City, New York City FC, Melbourne City FC, Yokohama F. Marinos, Girona, Mumbai City FC, Troyes, Palermo, etc.) and Red Bull (Leipsig, Salzburg, New York Red Bulls, FC Liefering, Red Bull Bragantino).

Not forgetting PIF who own Newcastle and the whole of the Saudi league. 9_9

32 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

Because we need to replace Morelos?

At 28, he's too old.

And other than score goals, he doesn’t do much. He's similar to Colak in that way, which is fine but if you're only contributing goals, you need to be exceptional at that and he's not; he's alright, but not exceptional.

53 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

Not forgetting PIF who own Newcastle and the whole of the Saudi league. 9_9

PIF who also have a stake in Clearwater capital who own Chelsea?🤠

PIF whose chairman (& also Newcastle chairman) is a Saudi government minister as we learned from LIV golf 🤠

interesting times ahead…

19 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

At 28, he's too old.

And other than score goals, he doesn’t do much. He's similar to Colak in that way, which is fine but if you're only contributing goals, you need to be exceptional at that and he's not; he's alright, but not exceptional.

I know this will get eyes rolling but minutes to goals he's pretty exceptional outside Italy. Even in Italy it works out at about 1 in 3.

Agree on the age though, if we could find someone at 23 with his record I'd be all over it. As to not doing much other than score goals, Beale has been deploying a front 2 so he'll be signing players with that in mind I.e Lammers. If Dessers is the finisher then Lammers is very much the technician and link from midfield to attack.

14 minutes ago, yuddie said:

I know this will get eyes rolling but minutes to goals he's pretty exceptional outside Italy. Even in Italy it works out at about 1 in 3.

Agree on the age though, if we could find someone at 23 with his record I'd be all over it. As to not doing much other than score goals, Beale has been deploying a front 2 so he'll be signing players with that in mind I.e Lammers. If Dessers is the finisher then Lammers is very much the technician and link from midfield to attack.

I love stats, so you'll not get an eye roll from me. 

I'll meet you in the middle: He's been very good in the Netherlands, but nowhere else. 

I've made that point about the front two before. He might be the goalscorer we need, but at 28, I think it's a waste of money.