The Summer 2023 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

9 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Isn't he a free agent and we can effectively get him for nothing in October? If that's the case, 2 million is a bit pricey.

I think it's roughly £1m to be fair, I was too broad by saying less than £2m.

I think Beale mentioned that we couldn't get him for free until December? Not sure though. I think for the premium we're paying you get a player in for pre season and crucially, up to speed for the UCL qualifiers and later on the LC final, you can also move on other players with the assurance of having him in e.g. Hagi, Lowry, Lundstram etc whether it be loans or sales.

He's also match fit currently, we saw what that did for Celtic when they initially brought in their Japanese signings.

9 hours ago, Malangsob said:

Transfer market is insane. 

Transfermarkt uses "market value" solely to compare similar players. They never claim nor can they evaluate the real value of a player to the selling and buying club. Hence, people can move as freebies, yet have a market value of x million pound. The EPL market is truly insane though, if that is what you meant.

48 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

Transfermarkt uses "market value" solely to compare similar players. They never claim nor can they evaluate the real value of a player to the selling and buying club. Hence, people can move as freebies, yet have a market value of x million pound. The EPL market is truly insane though, if that is what you meant.

I'm pretty sure Malangsob was referring to the actual transfer market rather than website.

i.e. Prices are crazy - largely because we're bidding against clubs that have so much dosh that + or - £2 million on a transfer means absolutely nothing to them.

BBC website

Rangers are edging closer to a deal for Los Angeles FC midfielder Jose Cifuentes, who is believed to cost around £1.2m. (Scottish Sun)

Besiktas are willing to pay £2.14m for Glen Kamara, rather than Rangers' valuation of £4.7m, after the Scottish Premiership club rejected their initial offer to take the 27-year-old Finland midfielder on loan. (Fanatik)

18 minutes ago, Franc Ergs said:

Kamara to Turkey ,bad timing imo given that @Rousseau has already driven Kent there.

Sure he'll manage another trip though.😀

…. If he needs someone to share the driving "….

On 07/07/2023 at 09:15, Rousseau said:
LW / LF CF RW / RF
Lammers Dessers Sima
Sakala Colak Matondo*
Lawrence Roofe Wright*

AM  
  Cantwell  
  Dowell  
  Hagi  
  Lowry  

CM  
  Jack  
  Raskin  
  Lundstram  
  Cifuentes*  

DM  
  Kamara  

LB LCB RCB RB
Yilmaz Davies Goldson Tavernier
Barisic Souttar Sterling Devine
  King Mayo Zukowski

GK  
  McCrorie  
  McLaughlin  
  Wright  
  Butland  

I would think Souttar is more right CB and think Sterling can play left, no?

11 minutes ago, alexscottislegend said:

I would think Souttar is more right CB and think Sterling can play left, no?

Stirling is primarily a RB, who can fill in at CB or LB, hence the right side. 

Souttar can play both sides at CB, but has primarily replaced Davies on the left, hence placing him on the left. 

That's a few people that have challenged my positioning of Stirling. You're the first that has said he should play on the left. The others have said he can only play on the right side. Ultimately, we don't know; he's quite versatile. 

3 hours ago, BEARGER said:

BBC website

Rangers are edging closer to a deal for Los Angeles FC midfielder Jose Cifuentes, who is believed to cost around £1.2m. (Scottish Sun)

Besiktas are willing to pay £2.14m for Glen Kamara, rather than Rangers' valuation of £4.7m, after the Scottish Premiership club rejected their initial offer to take the 27-year-old Finland midfielder on loan. (Fanatik)

Take the £2.1m and run, a bird in the hand etc.

£4.7m for a player who hasn't kicked his arse for 18 months and can't get a kick for his current team might be too much.