The Summer 2023 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

2 hours ago, craig said:

See all this needing to get rid of Barisic stuff - are we just conveniently forgetting that he was one of our best players last season ?  Are we conveniently forgetting that he is pretty much the only competition we have for the largely untested Yilmaz ?

I think that’s either revisionism or very low standards. He was utter dung for most of last season.

Hes also going into the last year of his contract, we got less output from Kent and Morelos in the same scenario and I’d wager the best move would be to move him on now rather than endure another season of him running away from guys dribbling at him. 

Edited by Sutton_blows_goats

2 hours ago, craig said:

At his best he was worth 8 figures - he was immense in that 55 season.

You should get a job as a tabloid headline maker.

Eight figures in your estimation perhaps but not in the real world of football clubs.

3 hours ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

I think that’s either revisionism or very low standards. He was utter dung for most of last season.

Hes also going into the last year of his contract, we got less output from Kent and Morelos in the same scenario and I’d wager the best move would be to move him on now rather than endure another season of him running away from guys dribbling at him. 

I think it's more about opinions rather than revisionism or low standards. 

Borna is an experienced international who is the best crosser of a ball that we currently have (new signings may turn out to be better).

Yilmaz hasn't shown anything to suggest that he's a better option than Borna. However, he may do so over time.

As I said earlier about Kamara, football fans see things as black or white with no middl-ground - when more often than not the "truth" lies in the middle-ground.

4 hours ago, buster. said:

You should get a job as a tabloid headline maker.

Eight figures in your estimation perhaps but not in the real world of football clubs.

In that football world where Elis Simms is going for £8m? Or Kamara himself being picked up for £50k (I think).

5 hours ago, Bluedell said:

I'm a bit concerned as to who is playing in central defence for the European qualifiers. Guess it's Souttar and Davies.

It's early days I know but could Souttar start and stay in the XI if we play with a back 4? His passing is as good as Goldsons and looks an excellent defender albeit domestically.

Not overly enamoured with a possible move to a back 3, its not like our current centre back pool is extraordinary. I'd be happier if it was a 4 at the back when defending and possibly a back 3 when in possession rather than 3 cb's from the outset, even then I think it would be unnecessary for 80% of our games.

1 hour ago, CammyF said:

I think it's more about opinions rather than revisionism or low standards. 

Borna is an experienced international who is the best crosser of a ball that we currently have (new signings may turn out to be better).

Yilmaz hasn't shown anything to suggest that he's a better option than Borna. However, he may do so over time.

As I said earlier about Kamara, football fans see things as black or white with no middl-ground - when more often than not the "truth" lies in the middle-ground.

Yilmaz had absolutely nothing to do with some of the downright disgraceful ‘performances’ Barisic put in last season. 

I genuinely couldn’t care less about his elite level crossing for SPL standards. Give me a Papac who can defend any day of the week.

Our capitulations at Scumhut and home to Liverpool Barisic was his usual self. A

decent cross v St Mirren changes nothing.