The Summer 2023 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

1 minute ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Borna has hardly played for Croatia recently behind Borna Sosa a left winger for Stuttgart who is just ok and a 35 year old Perisic who until recently played as a forward. Tbh the croatia international thing is overplayed in defence of him. They have little or no options at left back. 

OK so Croatia have NO options other than Borna (which I can't believe) but that doesn't explain why SG, Gio and now MB continually select him.

1 minute ago, CammyF said:

OK so Croatia have NO options other than Borna (which I can't believe) but that doesn't explain why SG, Gio and now MB continually select him.

Quite simply they picked him as he was the best option at the time. But that doesn’t make him a good player. Gio liked him so much he bought a guy to replace him.

Croatia do have options. Like the non left backs that play ahead of him..

Edited by Sutton_blows_goats

2 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Quite simply they picked him as he was the best option at the time. But that doesn’t make him a good player. Gio liked him so much he bought a guy to replace him.

Croatia do have options. Like the non left backs that play ahead of him..

But the player Gio bought to replace him couldn't get in Gio's or MBs team unless Borna wasn't available. 

As soon as Borna returned from the WC he went straight back into the team. 

And weirdly, MB hasn't bought a direct replacement for Borna (thus far). 

1 hour ago, craig said:

"Real world of football clubs" - lol, as if YOU have operated in the real world of football clubs - quite the egotistical shite there from you.

I guarantee you if I'd posted that I'd have had another warning for making personal attacks. 😄 Quite the double standards.😉

23 hours ago, buster. said:

You should get a job as a tabloid headline maker.

Eight figures in your estimation perhaps but not in the real world of football clubs.

18 hours ago, craig said:

And.... that will be YOUR opinion.  Right ?  So rather than trying to belittle someone, maybe come at it slightly differently - your opinion is that he wasnt worth 10 mill at any point in time - my opinion is that he was, an opinion borne out by another member of the forum - or are you conveniently forgetting that he had a better than decent Euro 2020 for his country too ?

"Real world of football clubs" - lol, as if YOU have operated in the real world of football clubs - quite the egotistical shite there from you.

As a moderator perhaps you should be setting a better example. No need for the abuse, Craig.

Besides you have jumped to conclusións that have no firm base to them.

1. I didn't express an opinión. Un

2. I didn't try to "belittle" you. I simply made a very gentle light hearted comment that had a real base to it (tabloids tend to exaggerate).

3. "The real world of football clubs" expression was simply referring to the real market place for footballers where numbers are much more relevant. In the case of Glen Kamara, at no time did any bids of eight figures ever came about. 

At the end of the day, a player is worth what clubs are prepared to pay is the phrase that you may be more familiar with.

By the way, if we re-sign Leon Balogun all of the initial optimism and trust I have in Beale would be killed.

Why on earth you can't trust Leon King as a backup, who has pace, instead of Balogun would blow my mind if explained in a manager interview.

I'm praying that's it's some moron having a laugh spreading it than Beale actually trying to bring him in, criminal.