The Summer 2023 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Making a profit on Colak would be superb, making our money back is also a good deal if the reported sum is euros.

Sakala just cant be relied upon, the two open goal misses v them in the cup games last season was enough for me to move him on. £4 Million for a guy we got 2 decent seasons out of after signing on a bosman (albeit with a decent sign on fee for him and his agent no doubt).

Its deals like that which are key to any player trading model. Not every player will be an Aribo or Bassey.

1 hour ago, Rousseau said:

I agree, but as I've argued before, I believe that our DoF doesn't have enough power in that situation. He leaves it to the manager too often, hence the hodgepodge of players we've signed by our managers.

It's alright when it works (e.g. Ange), but it's not sustainable, for me.  

The ideal situation would be to have a DoF with a great eye for a player, and then let them get on with the recruitment, irrespective of temporary managers... IMO, of course.  

Yeh I’m in favour of a DoF role. It just hasn’t improved our performance In the transfer market the way it should have. 

9 minutes ago, compo said:

It's nearly lunch time have we bought anyone today if not why not 

They are scanning the menu, but are spoiled for choice, and can't make their minds up. 

And the wine list .....

40 minutes ago, DMAA said:

Yeh I’m in favour of a DoF role. It just hasn’t improved our performance In the transfer market the way it should have. 

I still believe the problem is structural, rather than purely about the calibre of individuals.

It seems to me complete nonsense to have a DoF calling the shots on player recruitment targets. If the DoF was the most competent person in that respect, he would be a team manager and not a DoF. Similarly, team manager should not have their time and energies diluted by formulating contracts or negotiating with other clubs. The DoF should surely be focussed on administration, policy, legal and fiscal compliance, contractual management, delivering the facilities and environment the manager requires, dealing with the SPFL/SFA and delivering the financial objectives set by the main board. 

All matters regarding player recruitment, team selection & strategy should be the responsibility of the manager, so long as he operates within the financial and legal framework set by the board. I've never bought this proposal that the DoF is a necessary basis of continuity as managers come and go.

In effect, it might be more appropriate if the manager was the DoF and the DoF was the Director of Operations.

23 minutes ago, compo said:

It's nearly lunch time have we bought anyone today if not why not 

Please submit a 500 word dissertation on the possible advantages of this alternative format: 

It's nearly lunchtime. Have we bought anyone today? If not, why not?

You Figure It Out Donald Trump GIF

There's probably a decent chance Beale had come across Danilo when he was in Brazil, if not then then when he was with Ajax.

To be honest there's a few footballers I'd let go before Sakala and I don't think £4m is a guarantee to replace the numbers to minutes that we get out of him, as a squad player or starter. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Good business on Colak though.

The defense needs surgery and if we do bring in some cash hopefully we can bring in a target at the top of the list at LCB.

14 minutes ago, Whosthedado said:

I think we leave it as late as possible to screw the other media, other than our own, rightly so!

I think they time it for max exposure on social media to drive hits, and that means roughly when more folk are finished work after 5pm