The Summer 2023 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Danilo to Rangers transfer on verge of collapse as Feyenoord irked by 'low ball' offers but Ibrox dealmakers get tough

The Brazilian is wanted by Michael Beale but the bumper valuation from the Dutch champions could end the pursuit.

ROTTERDAM, NETHERLANDS - MARCH 04: Danilo of Feyenoord Rotterdam Looks on during the Dutch Eredivisie match between Feyenoord and FC Groningen at Feyenoord Stadium on March 4, 2023 in Rotterdam, Netherlands. (Photo by NESimages/Herman Dingler/DeFodi Images via Getty Images)

Michael Beale's big money move for Brazilian striker Danilo was in danger of collapsing last night after Feyenoord booted out the latest Ibrox bid.

Record Sport can reveal the Rotterdam club have rejected out of hand an improved offer worth around £5.2m with potential add ons for the 24-year-old and have become irritated with what they consider to be a series of ‘low ball’ approaches. On the contrary, Rangers believe they are more the matching the player’s market price and with relationships between the two clubs turning cold, may now turn their attention elsewhere unless the Dutch outfit lower their asking price. 

It’s believed Feyenoord have not dropped their original demands and will not budge unless they receive a bid north of £6m. The Eredivisie champions have been accused by their own supporters of allowing too many players to leave on the cheap and are determined to hold out for top dollar for Danilo even though he is considered by boss Arne Slot as the club’s second choice No.9.

Slot is also refusing to budge until he has secured adequate cover for his star striker Santiago Giminez, who is suspended for the first two group games of this season’s Champions League. That has left Rangers considering a string of alternative attacking targets and club sources are confident they have ‘strong options elsewhere’ as well as almost six weeks left in the summer transfer window to get one of them in the door.

Beale revealed yesterday that Rangers have now secured midfielder Jose Cifeuntes on a pre-contract, with the Ibrox club pushing to force through a deal now. And he confirmed talks are ongoing with Feyenoord while hinting that the discussions are not moving anywhere fast.

He said: “There’s talks in the background but he’s a Feyenoord player just now and they are also building after a really successful season last year. We’ll keep that between the two clubs at the moment. He’s obviously a good player.”

Midfielder Cifuentes, 24, has just six months left on his contract with Los Angeles FC and will become a Rangers player on a free transfer when the MLS season finishes at the end of the year. But Beale said: “It is getting closer. Logistics of that one and work permits and everything that goes in between it.. The clubs are still talking.

Get your ultimate Rangers guide to the 2023-24 season under Michael Beale

Rangers are ready for glory as they take aim at Scottish football’s biggest prizes.

Michael Beale and his new-look Light Blues have their heart set on winning back the title and a shot at glory in the Champions League. Beale’s boys will be rubbing shoulders with the best in Europe and chasing the dream in Scotland as they try to win domestic honours. 

“He is out of contract at the end of the year and we have an agreement for that. We would like to bring it to a close early if we can so he can join us in this window. Those discussions are ongoing.”

Rangers host Hamburg in a friendly this afternoon after losing 2-1 to Newcastle in Allan McGregor’s testimonial on Tuesday. And Beale confirmed recruitment would continue for the next six weeks in both directions.

Speaking to Sky Sports he said: “The recruitment both ways - in and out - isn’t finished right now so the squad will come together. As a squad we spoke about wanting to be tighter. There’s a lot of competition for places. With that, one or two players naturally will want some guarantees to play regularly, so there will be some change.

“We’ve recruited swiftly over the summer, we’ve got some new faces in and the squad is shaping up really well. We’re really pleased with how the summer work has gone.

“The boys that were here before will gel it all together but we had a fantastic week in Germany which was really good for the players. There’s a nice energy and feel around the place at the moment.

“The mentality is always there to start the season well. We know the first month of the season brings four league games and hopefully four Champions League qualifiers as well and a cup game so by the time we go into that September international break we want to be in a good place with all the new players up to speed.”

The Daily Record article has been rubbished by certain outlets and the deal still appears to be on.

Let's not forget that the mainstream media reported that Butland sland Dessers deals were dead and low and behold, they signed.

Let's just wait and see how this plays out over the coming days

Make no mistake, if we get him, it's a game changer IMO. That's maybe the reason so many outwith club want to see it fail.

2 hours ago, compo said:

Let’s pullback from this Danilo transfer a striker with 14 goals from 47 games no not for me I would be looking elsewhere for some value something to sell on .

We can't afford strikers with the numbers that look great. What we have to rely on is MB identifying someone who will score hols in our system.

Fulham have reached an agreement with Ajax to to sign defender Calvin Bassey for a fee in the region of €21million.

The Athletic reported earlier this week that the west London club had made an initial offer in writing of around £15m ($19.3m) for Bassey.

But the clubs have now settled on an increased sum plus a sell-on fee.

The deal remains subject to personal terms being agreed.

https://theathletic.com/4711998/2023/07/22/calvin-bassey-fulham-ajax-transfer-news/?source=emp_shared_article

3 hours ago, compo said:

Let’s pullback from this Danilo transfer a striker with 14 goals from 47 games no not for me I would be looking elsewhere for some value something to sell on .

From looking at the stats, I don’t think any of our signings are prolific goalscorers. Danilo and Dessers underperform their xG slightly, Lammers underperforms it significantly, and Sima outperforms it but his xG is quite low in comparison. Caveat being that it's impossible to know for sure from those stats because they all played at different clubs in different leagues and with different roles. 

I don't think it matters if they aren't as clinical as Colak for example because they seem to have a variety of skills and abilities and I expect all will score plenty, maybe with the exception of Lammers who will probably score at a moderate rate but might create a bit more. I'm just glad that we seem to have recruited a lot of goalscorers in the forward positions, having relied heavily on right back and the whole team to chip in in recent seasons (my favourite player Ryan Kent scored 3 in 44 games last season!). 

Looking forward to seeing Dessers today!

Edited by DMAA

The back page of today's Daily Record is bad news for Rangers supporters, Keef screeches Feyenoord's perception of Rangers low ball offers for Danilo.

The front page blames Alan McGregor's testimonial for exacerbating Glasgow's homelessness problem.

Yesterday, it was reporting a Rangers fan being banned from Scottish football for eight years because he threw a boiled sweet at a Police van.

Tomorrow in the Sunday Liam, Rangers will be exposed for creating more than their fair share of pot holes.

13 minutes ago, 26th of foot said:

The back page of today's Daily Record is bad news for Rangers supporters, Keef screeches Feyenoord's perception of Rangers low ball offers for Danilo.

The front page blames Alan McGregor's testimonial for exacerbating Glasgow's homelessness problem.

Yesterday, it was reporting a Rangers fan being banned from Scottish football for eight years because he threw a boiled sweet at a Police van.

Tomorrow in the Sunday Liam, Rangers will be exposed for creating more than their fair share of pot holes.

Oh I don't know about homelessness but I've been up in Glasgow the past five days and all I've seen is poncers sitting about the city streets with the paper cup in front of them asking me ,any spare change Jimmy why the fuck the police or council do something is beyond me .