Official: Arfield, Helander, Kent, McGregor and Morelos all to leave

I'm happy with what Kent contributed overall.

I don't care too much about not selling him but we definitely should have moved him on last summer.

It's just too bad for him that many will remember him for this last season where he has been almost completely useless in big matches.

12 minutes ago, DMAA said:

Those things are used too much to excuse failures over the past years though. Celtic have been comfortably the best team in Scotland since 55. That's a huge failure, regardless of the EL run. 

So you would have preferred to have sold him and not reach the EL final?

1 hour ago, Bill said:

The biggest mistake with Kent wasn't running down his contract but paying £7m for him in the first place. There's no way we should have been spending £7m on anyone at that time.

Twice Liverpool have robbed us blind first Kent then Davies. Nothing like playing up to a stereotype.

All joking aside agree completely, we put all our eggs in the Kent basket in that window.

16 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

I think (with hindsight) the right time to sell both Morelos and Kent was as they entered the last year.

Goldsons professionalism gave us false expectations of players going into the last year.

Sorry to see Arfield go he always gave 100% , Helander will probably come good now Kent will end up in the English championship and big bawheid can be the poster boy for some hamburger shop 

1 hour ago, Bluedell said:

That’s a false dilemma. We’ll never know what would have happened if we’d sold him when we had a chance. I think we’d have replaced him with a better player. 

I take the point about selling Morelos and Kent before their contracts expired but I tend to think that managers of said interested interested class clubs,  came to the conclusion that both weren't worth the punt! both I expect down to attitude/workrate  and character.

Morelos easy to wind up and unfit. Kent downing tools for a season (no doubt worried he may not get a huge sign on fee if injured). 

What makes it more sad is both of them have the tools to turn and win games and could of stepped up another level but it just didn't happen.

So as a manager of a British club, would you want them round?

Now its been confirmed, I wish them all the best in their careers and thank them all for their contributions, especially 55 and EL runs. 

Hopefully see them all back at Ibrox as fans - Once a Ranger, always a Rangers. 

Edited by CammyF

4 hours ago, Bluedell said:

Not sure that I agree that it was a bust. He contributed towards 55 and getting to the Europa League final. I wouldn't swap either of them.

As a fan, I'd prefer to have them in the bank rather than the £15 million, spending which may not have had the impact we wished for.

A bust in terms of not maximising his value - sure there could be offsetting values, but I would suggest his max value was after 55 and we could have cashed in on him then - so a bust if you can ignore 55 given he had played his part, and we could still have realised significant value.  The Europa yeah, sure - but I also don't think that SBS is talking in those terms - seems to me he is only talking in terms of what we spent, and what we got.

We as fans have the memories of 55 and Europa final, I acsolutely get that BD - but the club have a duty to maximise financially - and it COULD be argued they didnt - we dont want to get started on "just give us a team on the park" again do we ?  There has to be balance surely ?