[FT] Kilmarnock 1 - 0 Rangers

55 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

He's had 8 months with those (inherited) players, a full pre-season with new players - on which he's spent £15M - and it's still the same.

How does he turn it around? What are people thinking, what have they seen which makes them think he will.

Or are we again in a place of just get behind them and hope for the best. That hasn’t worked for us much lately. 

4 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

How does he turn it around? What are people thinking, what have they seen which makes them think he will.

Or are we again in a place of just get behind them and hope for the best. That hasn’t worked for us much lately. 

It's gonna take time for the team to click.

I say by our second game against Servette they should really start to come together.

39 minutes ago, Malangsob said:

It's gonna take time for the team to click.

I say by our second game against Servette they should really start to come together.

You could be right. I hope so. But it might be too late.

1 hour ago, compo said:

8 months in some 15 million spent on new player all his choice a disastrous preseason and we’re not one iota better off and a European match this Wednesday then 4 matches before we meat the hooped horrors on September the 3rd my wife’s birthday we could be in shite street by the next day if someone doesn’t point our manager in the right direction .

I do not claim to know the manager personally, but he doesn’t seem the type who would be pointed in the right direction. Maybe Rousseau was correct to be concerned about moving forward without a D.O.F that could possibly have helped with that.

34 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Or are we again in a place of just get behind them and hope for the best.

Well, yes, and that, it seems clear,  would align us with the manager, who seems to have made that a strategy. 

We, as supporters, of course, must also prepare ourselves for the worst, and, to that end, the pre-season serial clusterfucks have been helpful - I mean was anybody really taken aback by the events at Rugby Park, yesterday? 

I am told -was told- and sometimes quite forcefully, that pre-season matches don't matter, to which one might reasonably enquire: if so, what is their point? 

I think if a team  plays well in these games, and wins , then it is reasonable to view them as tuning up, and not put too much reliance on the performances and results. However, when a side performs badly, incoherently, lacking teamwork, with no discernible game plan, and looks confused, with the ball seeming to be an object with which the players were acquainted only very recently, and when from game to game there is little, or even no, improvement, whatsoever.....I should submit that that is worrying, and that it matters. 

(I might digress, slightly, and suggest that the 'we played badly but won, and that's all that matters' mantra is similarly flawed. Sure, three points is the aim, but when poor performances become the rule, over a series of games, then it's a racing certainty that the team will come unstuck, as soon as it encounters decent opposition, or a side on form. We have seen this. Often.)

Most of us would have noticed that, yesterday, there was a perceptible change from the, em, amorphous pre season performances: unfortunately this was retrograde. The team reverted to type, which is disappointing to say the least. 

The first -what?- 20 minutes, or so, were lively, but when we failed to take the lead, we, as we always do,  took the the foot off the gas. Thereafter, we had the familiar comfort of seeing  our team defaulting to trundleball, slow, horizontal, football, allowing the opposition all the time it needed to set its defensive field. There were even periods of horsehoe ball.

Pllus ca change, alors.......  I have no idea where we go from here, but it does seem imperative to change the default position which is timorous, unimaginative, and unsuccessful. 

Michael Beale has to do this in a couple of days. I wish him well, but won't be troubling the bookies by backing his side, any time soon. 

I'm holding onto the slim hope that we will turn this around. I remember being at the opening games in 86 (Easter Rd) and 98 (Tynecastle) and returning home equally despondent. Those seasons turned out be great in the end. 

Edited by BlackSocksRedTops

15 minutes ago, Uilleam said:

Well, yes, and that, it seems clear,  would align us with the manager, who seems to have made that a strategy. 

We, as supporters, of course, must also prepare ourselves for the worst, and, to that end, the pre-season serial clusterfucks have been helpful - I mean was anybody really taken aback by the events at Rugby Park, yesterday? 

I am told -was told- and sometimes quite forcefully, that pre-season matches don't matter, to which one might reasonably enquire: if so, what is their point? 

I think if a team  plays well in these games, and wins , then it is reasonable to view them as tuning up, and not put too much reliance on the performances and results. However, when a side performs badly, incoherently, lacking teamwork, with no discernible game plan, and looks confused, with the ball seeming to be an object with which the players were acquainted only very recently, and when from game to game there is little, or even no, improvement, whatsoever.....I should submit that that is worrying, and that it matters. 

(I might digress, slightly, and suggest that the 'we played badly but won, and that's all that matters' mantra is similarly flawed. Sure, three points is the aim, but when poor performances become the rule, over a series of games, then it's a racing certainty that the team will come unstuck, as soon as it encounters decent opposition, or a side on form. We have seen this. Often.)

Most of us would have noticed that, yesterday, there was a perceptible change from the, em, amorphous pre season performances: unfortunately this was retrograde. The team reverted to type, which is disappointing to say the least. 

The first -what?- 20 minutes, or so, were lively, but when we failed to take the lead, we, as we always do,  took the the foot off the gas. Thereafter, we had the familiar comfort of seeing  our team defaulting to trundleball, slow, horizontal, football, allowing the opposition all the time it needed to set its defensive field. There were even periods of horsehoe ball.

Pllus ca change, alors.......  I have no idea where we go from here, but it does seem imperative to change the default position which is timorous, unimaginative, and unsuccessful. 

Michael Beale has to do this in a couple of days. I wish him well, but won't be troubling the bookies by backing his side, any time soon. 

Nailed it, to use modern patois.

My only dissent is the suggestion that bookies would be troubled if you bet on Rangers. I think they would be delighted.