[FT] Kilmarnock 1 - 0 Rangers

Is there anything not mangy about this rotten club?

Rude awakening for our new boys, pitch-, tactic- and playing-wise. MB again with his "prime tactic" that saw us having lots of the ball (we are sure the God-Kings of centre-midfield passes) where it doesn't matter and too few creative shot-willing people. 

Chase for 56 starts next week then ...

Edited by der Berliner

1 minute ago, Scott7 said:

S-b-g isn’t saying that at all. He’s just very doubtful about the manager’s capabilities and has been since last season.

SBG said Beale will be lucky to be in a job after this. So I think SBG is implying Beale should be removed which is utter nonsense.

Very, very difficult to take any positives from that. As usual, dominant in possession and a cheap goal lost but absolutely nothing to offer in the opposition half. With so many changes to the squad, it's not a surprise to see us look disjointed but that really was awful.

The league won't be won or lost today and it's clearly going to take more time for this new side to gel but we simply must do more in games to ensure we deliver results. Hopefully a very early lesson learned for all the new players. A disappointing start to season 2023/24.

1 minute ago, CammyF said:

Sakala has been slated on this board and others since he joined us, now he's the saviour. 

I was never one of the slaters and Sakala is never a saviour but he’s scored goals where other haven’t apart from Tavernier (Pen)

1 minute ago, weebluedevil said:

Aye that's fie if we can replace him with better. Did we? 

Danilo over Sakala - I'm picking Danilo every day of the week. 

Your judging new players on 30 minutes and forgetting the misery of watching Sakala miss two open goals that arguably cost us 2 domestic cups last season. 

2 minutes ago, Scott7 said:

I was never one of the slaters and Sakala is never a saviour but he’s scored goals where other haven’t apart from Tavernier (Pen)

Cost us 2 cups last season when he couldn't put the ball in an empty net. Not just once, but twice. And I say that as someone who likes Sakala.