[FT] Servette 1 - 1 Rangers (Tavernier 51)

28 minutes ago, Tannochsidebear said:

I have absolutely no idea what our best team is, nor what our best formation is, so not going to take a guess at the line up the manager will come up with. For what it’s worth I don’t think MB has a clue what his best team is either, so it will be very interesting to see who he goes for. I know I certainly don’t want to see certain players in the lineup as I believe them to be of insufficient quality but MB likes them (Lundstrum for one!). Our joy in previous Euro away games has come by being quick on the counter, so maybe Sima gets another chance to shine.

Thankfully I’m not picking the team, but just for this thread I’ll go for;

Butland

Tav Balogun Souttar Barasic

Jack Cifuentes

Sima Raskin Cantwell

Danilo

Whoever plays up front it's imperative they can receive and hold the ball. For that reason I suggest swapping Sima for Hagi. Otherwise I think you're spot on. Unfortunately, the manager will no doubt bring back Goldson and force Souttar on to the left side of central defence.

9 hours ago, Tannochsidebear said:

I have absolutely no idea what our best team is, nor what our best formation is, so not going to take a guess at the line up the manager will come up with. For what it’s worth I don’t think MB has a clue what his best team is either, so it will be very interesting to see who he goes for. I know I certainly don’t want to see certain players in the lineup as I believe them to be of insufficient quality but MB likes them (Lundstrum for one!). Our joy in previous Euro away games has come by being quick on the counter, so maybe Sima gets another chance to shine.

Butland

Jack Cifuentes

Sima Raskin Cantwell

Danilo

4-2-3-1?!

Why would you do this to me, TB?

Why?!

Staring Episode 2 GIF by The Office

10 hours ago, Tannochsidebear said:

Butland

Jack Cifuentes

Sima Raskin Cantwell

Danilo

It's interesting that you've got Raskin further forward, rather than as the 6 where he usually plays.

Do you think he's better further forward?

I do. Nobody seemed to agree with me, though.   

6 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

It's interesting that you've got Raskin further forward, rather than as the 6 where he usually plays.

Can get away with him as a 6 in the SPFL against the dross but v them and in Europe need Jack there. 

1 hour ago, Rousseau said:

Does he not play further forward for Belgium (U21's)?

18 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Does he not play further forward for Belgium (U21's)?

Yes, he scored a couple of goals in some games. 

It looks like he's a goal threat, but, for me, I just thought his energy in the final third could be useful. 

5 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

Yes, he scored a couple of goals in some games. 

It looks like he's a goal threat, but, for me, I just thought his energy in the final third could be useful. 

Agreed but maybe the time to try this would be a LC games Morton instead of £5 million one off game? Or am I being too belt and braces...? 

1 minute ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Agreed but maybe the time to try this would be a LC games Morton instead of £5 million one off game? Or am I being too belt and braces...? 

It was more of a general point. 

I didn't really mean we should play him there for this game - although I now realise it's in the Servette match thread... :facepalm: