[FT] Servette 1 - 1 Rangers (Tavernier 51)

Manager mentioned the pitch being a leveler, it doesn't look that bad in the pics n videos I've seen?

I feel like if the fullbacks have a good game for us then we go through, it's as basic as that.

14 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

Am I correct in saying if Servette were to go thro tonight we’d go straight into the EL group stages & wouldn’t need to play any more qualifiers?

Yes, if we go out tonight (or in the next round), we still go straight into the EL groups.

If we get through to the play off though, we get an extra £5m, so it's imperative we get the job done this evening. 

1 hour ago, Gonzo79 said:

Yes, if we go out tonight (or in the next round), we still go straight into the EL groups.

If we get through to the play off though, we get an extra £5m, so it's imperative we get the job done this evening. 

Is that £5m just a parachute payment though for losing the play-off? We don't get it if we get through to the play-off and win, correct me if I'm wrong. Of course, the prize money for making the CL groups is the main aim. 

7 minutes ago, Blue Moon said:

Cifuentes plays further forward.  I don't think we are seeing the best of Raskin but I wouldn't want to play Cifuentes deeper.

I don't think it's either/or: they can both play further forward with AN Other playing deeper. 

11 minutes ago, weebluedevil said:

We don't get it if we get through to the play-off and win, correct me if I'm wrong. Of course, the prize money for making the CL groups is the main aim. 

Correct.

Get through tonight and we guarantee ourselves £5m.  Get through the play-off and we don't get the £5m but do get the millions the CL group brings.  

Edited by Gonzo79

Servette does not look that good in defense and they will have to attack and play more open. That will be better for Rangers' attackers, they will have more room. I think you have good strikers now and they will find opportunities tonight.

1 hour ago, Idisi said:

Servette does not look that good in defense and they will have to attack and play more open. That will be better for Rangers' attackers, they will have more room. I think you have good strikers now and they will find opportunities tonight.

Here's hoping mate.

Said it before and I'll say it again, if we're projected 3rd seeds in the UCL we should aim for 3rd in group and a drop to the UEL. If the club has ambitions at least.

Easier said than done obviously.

I just don't want us to make our bed in the UEL.