[FT] PSV 5 - 1 Rangers (Tavernier 64)

2 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

I’ll be completely honest here. No. Not in the slightest. If we get the likes of Liverpool \ Ajax \ Villareal \ Bayer Leverkusen in pot 1 again after just playing PSV. Or in pot 2 Slavia Prague, Servette are in pot 4. it demonstrates that European football is emulating domestic with monotony. Hopefully a fresh draw with some new faces.

Hoping for the easiest draw possible myself. I don't care how dull it is.

I’m very concerned that we seem to have sold an effective, if a little blunt, striker and replaced him with 3 strikers who seem unable to do much at all. Sure, it’s early days but I’m still wondering what Dessers does that is so great, and I have no idea what the attraction of Lammers was.

1 minute ago, Bill said:

I wish I could believe that but here in the land of false dawns I think we all know it won't.

But a new dawn has to start somewhere. We were sceptical about being able to stop 10 and we did. It was a 2-0 OF win at Parkhead that propelled us that season and we may have thought then it was a false dawn

Just now, PoohBear said:

I’m very concerned that we seem to have sold an effective, if a little blunt, striker and replaced him with 3 strikers who seem unable to do much at all. Sure, it’s early days but I’m still wondering what Dessers does that is so great, and I have no idea what the attraction of Lammers was.

We have spent about 12 million on strikers and none of them got in the team last week ahead of Roofe, who in some twist of fate looks fitter and more match sharp than the other 3.

1 minute ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

We have spent about 12 million on strikers and none of them got in the team last week ahead of Roofe, who in some twist of fate looks fitter and more match sharp than the other 3.

But Roofe is and has always been the best striker at the club since he signed. Top scorer in 55 season and huge miss when he is injured (almost constantly). He must start on Sunday.

2 minutes ago, Graeme Ro55 said:

MB out ! How much pish is he to get away with. That was embarassing

Normally, I'd say you're being a bit reactionary but I'm really not seeing anything positive about Beale.  It's just a continuation of the failure we've endured since 55.