[FT] PSV 5 - 1 Rangers (Tavernier 64)

1 hour ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Brentford have offered 40 million for Bakayoko. PSV should chuck us a few quid as He was only worth 20 million before last night 😂

After an hour of last night's game, Bakayoko was struggling to maintain his £20 million valuation.

Then, Barisic went off injured; Sterling came on and Bakayoko's valuation gained a million quid every minute.

Sterling should claim 50% of anything Rangers claim from PSV.

12 minutes ago, CammyF said:

If he wins us the league, will you still question his ability? If not, what will it take? 

Walter Smith is the greatest Rangers manager of my generation and with 1 exception in Europe in each of his spells, we were torture.

In his 1st spell, he had untold millions to assemble a squad to compete in Europe, he constantly failed. 

What he did do was dominate domestically. His 2nd spell was a bigger achievement IMO as he had less resources than in his 1st spell. 

We need level heads and stability to move forward. We'll never be successful if we continue to change managers if we deem them a "failure" are 3, 6, 9 months.

Imagine if we wanted WS sacked for getting cuffed by AEK Athens or Grasshoppers in CL qualifiers.

I don't see us winning the league, if these performances continue.

There's no point in waiting 12, 24, 36 months if you're not convinced after 3 months. We should see something after a full pre-season, quite frankly. He's had 9 months (I think?). 

5 minutes ago, 26th of foot said:

After an hour of last night's game, Bakayoko was struggling to maintain his £20 million valuation.

Then, Barisic went off injured; Sterling came on and Bakayoko's valuation gained a million quid every minute.

Sterling should claim 50% of anything Rangers claim from PSV.

Those within our support who want to make Borna the scapegoat won't be happy you said that mate.... but you would be absolutely correct of course.  Bakayoko was struggling to make an impact until Borna went off

1 minute ago, craig said:

Those within our support who want to make Borna the scapegoat won't be happy you said that mate.... but you would be absolutely correct of course.  Bakayoko was struggling to make an impact until Borna went off

I’ve been critical of Borna for some time but he has been much better so far this year and we struggled with bakayoko when he went off. I call it how I see it good or bad. Don’t get this scapegoat stuff. 

1 minute ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

I’ve been critical of Borna for some time but he has been much better so far this year and we struggled with bakayoko when he went off. I call it how I see it good or bad. Don’t get this scapegoat stuff. 

Obviously wasnt talking about you mate - but on Rangers twitter, for example, the number of people who just can't accept Borna has a) had a good game and b) been one of, if not our best, performers in the last 18 months would surprise you.

I am the same - I call a spade a spade - so Borna gets criticism from me too - but I like to consider myself balanced and will give him credit where due.

Last night he was playing well, IMO, and I think he has been comfortably one of our best performers in the league this year too (not a high bar in fairness)

Some just can't see past the howlers he has had against Celtic.

14 minutes ago, craig said:

Obviously wasnt talking about you mate - but on Rangers twitter, for example, the number of people who just can't accept Borna has a) had a good game and b) been one of, if not our best, performers in the last 18 months would surprise you.

I am the same - I call a spade a spade - so Borna gets criticism from me too - but I like to consider myself balanced and will give him credit where due.

Last night he was playing well, IMO, and I think he has been comfortably one of our best performers in the league this year too (not a high bar in fairness)

Some just can't see past the howlers he has had against Celtic.

I wouldn't surprise me because he simply hasn't been. 18 months!!! Really? He's played well at times recently (low bar) with a few decent crosses/assists, but defensively he's mostly had howlers. Last night, he did okay, but folk forget how often he gave too much room to the attacker. And he hasn't managed to get one single free kick over the wall in about 3 years. 

Sorry, but I'm not buying it, and I'm not surprised there are many others who also cannot accept that Borna Barisic has been one of our best players last 18 months. That's a joke if ever I heard one. I'm not saying we have lots of contenders but Barisic is not one of them. Even here in our MOTM threads, I don't recall Barisic ever getting many votes. 

18 minutes ago, craig said:

I liked Sakala, not only because he scored the winner against Real Madrid although that should be enough. Fashion had a couple of howlers against the green'n'grey horrors in successive games but, he continued to come back for ie our third goal against ra Yahoos at Ibrox last season. The Zambian always provided a run or an angle, always prepared to take the ball. He did not hide.

Borna is a Croatian international who played the whole of last season with a persistent niggling injury. Again, he does not shirk his responsibilities, prepared to take the ball in tight corners. Two other left backs at Rangers who were never favourites with the Derry are, Billy Mathieson and Stuart Munro. They made a collective 400 approx appearances for the club because they were reliable and, their team mates knew that to be so.

37 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

I don't see us winning the league, if these performances continue.

There's no point in waiting 12, 24, 36 months if you're not convinced after 3 months. We should see something after a full pre-season, quite frankly. He's had 9 months (I think?). 

But what if he does? Will you back him then? Or does he need to win the Champions League?

What if he wins the two domestic cups? 

3 minutes ago, 26th of foot said:

I liked Sakala, not only because he scored the winner against Real Madrid although that should be enough. Fashion had a couple of howlers against the green'n'grey horrors in successive games but, he continued to come back for ie our third goal against ra Yahoos at Ibrox last season. The Zambian always provided a run or an angle, always prepared to take the ball. He did not hide.

Borna is a Croatian international who played the whole of last season with a persistent niggling injury. Again, he does not shirk his responsibilities, prepared to take the ball in tight corners. Two other left backs at Rangers who were never favourites with the Derry are, Billy Mathieson and Stuart Munro. They made a collective 400 approx appearances for the club because they were reliable and, their team mates knew that to be so.

But Bornas a shitbag according to a very vocal section of Rangers fans.

Just now, CammyF said:

But what if he does? Will you back him then? Or does he need to win the Champions League?

What if he wins the two domestic cups? 

Not good enough, unless we also want to accept mediocrity domestically now as well as Europe. If Beale doesn't win the league this season he should be punted. Simple.