[FT] PSV 5 - 1 Rangers (Tavernier 64)

5 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

What worries me about Beale is most of the players he’s bought don’t seem to be as a good as the ones he’s let go. 

Are you starting to see the benefits of a DoF... ?!

Happy Very Funny GIF by Disney Zootopia

17 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

I'd say that 60% was the quality of the opposition. Yes, the tactics may not have been great and the players weren't all it but PSV were excellent.

I listened to a pre-match review on H&H and they said that PSV wouldn't improve midfield and attack but they did. They win 90% of games against us playing like that IMO, no matter the tactics or performance of our players.

Sometimes we need to acknowledge that we were beaten by a better side. That's obviously not to say that we couldn't have improved on several aspects but I still don't see us getting any sort of result if we had.

You'll be proved correct or wrong depending on how PSV do in the CL this season. 

3 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Said for months that we'd only realise what players like Kent and Alfie brought to us once they had left. 

A very large majority wanted Kent and Alfie released, a long with all the other "serial losers". 

Well, we've gotten rid of a lot of players who fall into that category and now, we want them all back 😀

I didn't agree with getting rid of Colak, Hagi or Sakala but there's no way in hell I'd entertain the return of players who chose to leave.

Said for months that we'd only realise what players like Kent and Alfie brought to us once they had left. 

A very large majority wanted Kent and Alfie released, a long with all the other "serial losers". 

Well, we've gotten rid of a lot of players who fall into that category and now, we want them all back 😀

No one wants them back. 

Haha- sounds like it as all new players have been written off and thrown on the scrapheap. 

It does seem like that, unfortunately - not by me, I'd like to add - but it doesn't therefore follow that they want our old players back. 

I'd like to throw Beale on the scrapheap, though... 👀

23 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

I'd say that 60% was the quality of the opposition. Yes, the tactics may not have been great and the players weren't all it but PSV were excellent.

I listened to a pre-match review on H&H and they said that PSV wouldn't improve midfield and attack but they did. They win 90% of games against us playing like that IMO, no matter the tactics or performance of our players.

Sometimes we need to acknowledge that we were beaten by a better side. That's obviously not to say that we couldn't have improved on several aspects but I still don't see us getting any sort of result if we had.

Oh, I was merely looking at it from our perspective. IMHO, everything they had in front of their defence looked a well-oiled, clicking machine. You saw who was playing where, and they executed their game plan perfectly. What irks is that you saw that in the first game too, and we did not react in a meaningful way. That said, to or three of their goals were rather "defendable".

NB: Butland looks a fine keeper indeed.