[FT] Rangers 0 - 1 Celtic

I think it's more about us not losing site of the bigger picture by just focusing on the disallowed goal/penalty.  The football has been rotten. The team selection/formation bewildering. 

We have players that should of put Celtic to the sword, they didn't. Why is this?

Now we can say that if the goal stood, What's to say, they wouldn't of exploited our lack of game plan and just scored another. After all let's be honest, would we have had confidence that the team would hold onto the lead and indeed scored more.?

I honestly think their is a malaise running through the whole football operation.

We need either for Mb to find some steel or someone else who does.

15 minutes ago, Dragosani said:

I think it's more about us not losing site of the bigger picture by just focusing on the disallowed goal/penalty.  The football has been rotten. The team selection/formation bewildering. 

We have players that should of put Celtic to the sword, they didn't. Why is this?

Now we can say that if the goal stood, What's to say, they wouldn't of exploited our lack of game plan and just scored another. After all let's be honest, would we have had confidence that the team would hold onto the lead and indeed scored more.?

I honestly think their is a malaise running through the whole football operation.

We need either for Mb to find some steel or someone else who does.

We're not exactly lacking criticism of either the manager or the players. So there is little need to worry about that.

I assume Beale had most his expensive signings on the bench at the start because they’re not good enough. Bear in mind that Sterling would not have been picked if Barisic had been available.

It can’t have been because they weren’t mentally ready for a game against celtic. They’ve got to play against them sooner or later. What better occasion than a tim-free home game? I suppose cp at New Year might be a less critical venue.

1 hour ago, Bluedell said:

We did convert one of our chances, and nobody can say if we would have lost or not if the goal had been allowed. so it's incorrect to say that's not why we lost. It's one of the reasons.

It's a bit arrogant to tell people what people should and should not be focussing on. It's not an either/or. We can debate more than one aspect of the game.

I say! It's a bit arrogant to tell me not to point out the futility of whining about a decision that can't be changed by whining about it.

Why are you being so sensitive about what I say? I'm probably not worth getting so triggered about. 

And with or without the disallowed Roofe goal, we had no need to lose that game.

Unfortunately I think most can see that it will be very difficult, if not impossible for Beale to turn this around. It's damning when you can't trust your most expensive signings to play in your most difficult games. However, I dont think there is enough evidence of failure for the board to do something about it yet. For sure they should question Beale about the financial outlay on players who aren't getting time, but I think a sacking is a little way down the road yet. We are in a very strong position to win the League Cup, I think the board will at least wait to see how that plays out first. 

It's a worrying time though, for sure.

2 minutes ago, PoohBear said:

We are in a very strong position to win the League Cup, I think the board will at least wait to see how that plays out first. 

I'd be a bit worried if the League Cup has much bearing on the board's thinking process.