• Abdallah Sima
    • Cyriel Dessers
    • Dujon Sterling
    • Danilo
    • Sam Lammers
    • Jose Cifuentes
    • Kieran Dowell
    • Leon Balogun

Butland has easily been the best so far. 

Cifuentes has done ok and should be a decent addition.
We have to hope Dessers, Danilo, Lammers & Sima can improve on what we’ve seen so far. If not I think Mr Beale will be in deep trouble.

Butland is the only signing that has, thus far, improved us. In order to predict which newbies will come ‘good’ we need to define ‘good’. For example, did Kent make it ‘good’? Was exciting to watch at his peak, could turn a player inside out, put the fear into them, but most of the time ferreted down a dead end or beat himself, and his numbers suggested he didn’t make it to ‘greatness’. If Kent was just good, then I think most of the attackers should be capable of good, but not great. Cifuentes will hold down a place and I have high hopes he will settle and do well. Sima and Dowell -more squad caliber for me. Sterling will not make it with us, Balogun is purely back up for this season. Lammers has something there but maybe not aggressive enough for us. If Roofe can stay fit, one of Danilo or Dessers will spend much time on the bench, I haven’t seen enough yet to know which.  Neither will be as good as Morelos in his pomp. 
Overall, other than Butland, the signings are not impressing me and I don’t think we’ve found any rough diamonds with that lot. Gone backwards IMO. Beale will be accountable and will be gone by the end of the season. That’s my honest opinion/prediction on what I’ve felt so far, but I hope I’m very wrong. 

Insomuch as you can only comment on what you've seen so far and speculation about possible futures is meaningless, there's a clear consensus here - the summer recruitment campaign has largely been a failure, another failure. Unless there are dramatic improvements all across the team, which is still possible of course, the inevitable upshot of this will be another wasted season.

I believe it's largely down to attitude and character. Too many seem terrified of the expectation that comes with playing for Rangers. We haven't signed winners who truly believe in themselves, that much was clear in the way we capitulated in Eindhoven. I actually fear the worst on Sunday.