Should Beale be sacked?

Should Beale be sacked?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Should Beale be sacked?

This poll is closed to new votes

10 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

I agree overall with your entire post there, I think he demonstrated how to have a vision, and how to implement it in a short space of time. What was key to him turning it around was the January transfer window and beating us in the league there after. No point moaning about the COVID stuff and moving games as its all history but it was a factor. 

But to the point I've quoted I'm not sure that's strictly true. They hired a chap as CEO to replace the outgoing Lawwell, he didn't last long to be replaced by their CFO. Recruited Gordon Strachan as some kind of DoF 'on loan' from Dundee and Mark Lawwell officially joined / got involved in their recruitment on the playing side. I suppose its subjective but i wouldnt see that as stability.

Yeah that’s fair but I think their overall structure is more solid and professional, to the point where the things you’ve highlighted were issues they were able to work through without it translating to negatives on the pitch.   

An anecdotal example I would cite was when I was approached by a recruiter to a role with Celtic’s internal audit team.  It was probably 10 years ago now, and of course I knocked back the opportunity, but it’s just a small glimpse into how they have been operating on a more professional level for quite some time.  

1 hour ago, weebluedevil said:

Okay, what happens when we don't have success on the park?  players' value decreases, which will happen especially when they can't lock down a place in the team, get injured, or the team keep failing to win trophies. The transfer kitty will quickly erode year-on-year. Player trading doesn't work when the team fails and academy players, like Paterson, breaking through is very rare.  Balancing the books now and again is required I get that, but if we want to challenge for the money on offer from CL participation, they need to find a way. Again, if not, we have to rely our rivals having a really poor season (Lennon) or we accept that we will be the #2 team in Scotland, happy with the odd cup success. Maybe we form a new firm with St Johnstone. 

You say balancing the books is required now and again, but where does the cash come from in the year where we want to overspend? Borrowing cash got us into trouble before and I'm not sure who would lend us, say £10 million.

Our best way out is with a manager who can spot stars and bring them in cheaply, and build a successful team that way. With Cantwell and Raskin, I was hopeful we had that, and maybe the other players brought in recently are good but need another manager? Other than that, it's not an easy answer. I'm sure our directors have been trying to come up with a solution.

3 hours ago, buster. said:

It is more about those upstairs taking us to a place where we can win a league title. 

- Finance

- Structure (football dept.)

- Recruitment (managerial)

- Communication 

Financially, we are well behind.

Structurally, we haven't settled.

Recruitment. All over the place although credit to DK for appointing Gerrard and showing patience.

Communication and mgmt. of expectation levels has been unrealistic. 

Basically, we are still building back the club to where we want to be and some realism might make the journey smoother and even shorter.

All valid and accurate points. I couldn't argue with any of it.

However, when this flawed structure presents us with they another manager who isn't up to the job, we shouldn't just ignore it. Not everything can be solved by patience and I think we can all see the considerable difference between Gerrard and Beale.

1 hour ago, stewarty said:

Yeah that’s fair but I think their overall structure is more solid and professional, to the point where the things you’ve highlighted were issues they were able to work through without it translating to negatives on the pitch.   

An anecdotal example I would cite was when I was approached by a recruiter to a role with Celtic’s internal audit team.  It was probably 10 years ago now, and of course I knocked back the opportunity, but it’s just a small glimpse into how they have been operating on a more professional level for quite some time.  

You should have taken it and fxxxed their finances!

7 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

You say balancing the books is required now and again, but where does the cash come from in the year where we want to overspend? Borrowing cash got us into trouble before and I'm not sure who would lend us, say £10 million.

Our best way out is with a manager who can spot stars and bring them in cheaply, and build a successful team that way. With Cantwell and Raskin, I was hopeful we had that, and maybe the other players brought in recently are good but need another manager? Other than that, it's not an easy answer. I'm sure our directors have been trying to come up with a solution.

I find it interesting how Raskin and to an extent Cantwell have gone well off the boil since last season. Perhaps suggesting this manager isn't creating the constructive dressing room the players would like to see. I suspect there are some unhappy players in our squad.

2 hours ago, Scott7 said:

It would be interesting to know voters’ reasons for retaining Beale.

Is it because they see he has the makings of a good manager and just needs some time for the new players to become accustomed to one another?

Or is it because now is not the time to sack him for financial and playing reasons?

Both are legitimate arguments but I’m more likely to be persuaded by the second than the first.

Professional perception. 

There is little enticing about this club for managerial candidates. It is a career landmine. It is viewed as a tinpot league with a feudalistic hierarchical structure. Transfer budgets are miniscule. The fanbase is viewed as unyielding, overly demanding and often schizophrenic.  Will there be Europe? Yes, but refer back to miniscule budget. 

Sacking Beale four games into a 'rebuilding' campaign will only solidify that perception in the professional community. 

Whether we like it or not, Beale should remain until his year mark. 

In the interim, the club should be actively searching for VIABLE candidates. 

Withstanding a complete collapse...of course.

However, the club need time to show they have both given it, and to find someone who is willing to sign.

Cause this club is like wrestlin a porcupine. 

Even if you win, you still look like you lost.