[FT] St Johnstone 0 - 2 Rangers (Danilo 16; Matondo 79)

In the end, a comfortable win but with lots of room for improvement. Confidence a big factor in that and we could see that crystallise after the 2nd goal. Real Betis on Thursday a big challenge but a run of four home games the ideal opportunity to find better form and increase morale.

Positives from today were solid performances from Davies and Yilmaz and I felt Sima really provided the pace and mobility we need in attack to stretch defences. Lawrence really came onto a game and 90mins for him is fantastic news with Cantwell out and Lammers still struggling badly with his form

Obviously the injury to Danilo is the main negative but hopefully a mask can expedite his return. Plenty to work on through the team as well. Our throw ins are laughable at times and tempo still a big issue earlier in games. Work to do but a step forward. Enjoy your weekend, bears.

We won 0-2 deservedly because largely, we controlled the game.

However, we remain turgid to watch and Danilo's compound fracture compounds our ongoing situation. I suspect they will smell blood in Seville?

Now, the important stuff; any suggestions on the accompaniment to fresh oysters? I love the traditional mignonette of red wine vinegar and shallots, also fond of Tabasco and, think some fresh squeezed lemon juice is the thing. Anyone ever attempted the Chablis with peppercorns?