[2023] Who should be the next Rangers manager?

Next Rangers manager?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your preferred choice as the next manager of Rangers?

• Derek McInnes
    • Kevin Muscat
    • Frank Lampard
    • Neil Warnock
    • Kjetil Knutsen
    • Scott Parker
    • Pascal Jansen
    • Steven Davis
    • Marcelo Gallardo
    • Graham Potter
    • Philippe Clement
    • Ralph Hasenhuttl

Just now, Malangsob said:

I can't believe Lampard is considered a serious option. 

He is really bad. 

This is my thoughts, the fact that its even mentioned, let alone dicussed, is a disgrace and hopefully, purely from media but it sounds more advanced than pure rumour

Well said John.

Given the size of our support and the nature of social media, some of the maddest folk get too much attention.  We're not going to scream for a manager's head after every defeat, like some would make out.

12 minutes ago, buster. said:

I remember Mark Warburton mentioning the unrealistic expectation levels that were trumpeted prior to our first season back in the top flight.

It made his job a lot more difficult.

I think the only person that made Warburtons job more difficult was Warburton. He came in and refreshed the playing squad with some great young players. Tav and Waghorn being the standouts when first appointed. 

His pursuit and signing of O'Halloran was baffling the following winter. The signings of Crooks and Windass were exciting to the support on pre-contracts.

Then in his second season and our return to the top flight he had completely 180 his signing policy and started signing guys like Senderos, Kranjkar and Barton. His lengthy pursuit and big money signing Joe Garner turning out to be a client of a player agency his daughter had involvement with made it seem rather murky.

I remember his quote when he seen the supporter display at the first home game back against Hamilton 'Going for 55' - he said his heart sank the moment he saw it. I think that sums up the mentality of the man. We were never going to win the league that year, everyone knew it but it was a signal of intent to build something that we could challenge with in subsequent years. A challenge Warburton himself didn't think he was up to.