[2023] Who should be the next Rangers manager?

Next Rangers manager?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your preferred choice as the next manager of Rangers?

• Derek McInnes
    • Kevin Muscat
    • Frank Lampard
    • Neil Warnock
    • Kjetil Knutsen
    • Scott Parker
    • Pascal Jansen
    • Steven Davis
    • Marcelo Gallardo
    • Graham Potter
    • Philippe Clement
    • Ralph Hasenhuttl

Just appoint a director of football stick with Davis and whoever’s going to be working beside him they will know what’s required to steady the ship and get us back on an even keel the DOF will be tasked to find a good manager and identify good professionals and also to punt anyone who’s surplus to requirements 

17 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Not liking the sound of this.

Would definitely take a punt on Muscat before a punt on Lampard.

Will get behind whoever they appoint, but really unsure about this call if this is what they are indeed inclined to do.

And there is part of me that thinks this may be part of the plan. Maybe I'm giving the board too much credit but whos to say the Lampard rumour is being entertained so that the fans accept somebody like Muscat because "at least its not Lampard"

LIke others, the list has an awful lot of names that if they were chosen would make it awfully difficult to go and watch the team again. But having endured a year of Bealeball I probably know I will continue to follow follow anyway, and in any event its probably only for a few months if we get it wrong again. 

The big issue this time round is that if they choose one of the undesirables, the board risk losing the fans goodwill completely. The angst will go to the board and not the manager/players.

Some interesting names I would like to see how they get on, can they get a visible style of play and attractive winning football? 

The one thing said by former Chair of Dundee United, Eddie Thompson I agreed with was, "you can change your wife, house or, car; but you cannot change your football team".

Now, the above line does not stand up to the merest of scrutiny on the departed Eddie. He was born and bred in Clydebank and did not swap the banks of the Clyde for the Tay until after his twenty-first birthday. Eddie supported some team before he got to Dundee. However, the line holds true for the vast majority of us

Those stating they are giving up their season tickets, going to watch the Juniors or, spending their Saturday afternoons indulging in campanology are being disingenuous. When Rangers are playing, that very fact trumps every other option. You do NOT have a choice, it is your duty.

If the odious Tom Boyd is appointed our new Manager, I will continue to attend despite his appointment.

6 hours ago, Rousseau said:

My issue is whether he can implement that style on his own, from scratch.

His success has come following directly from Ange. 

Evidence suggests he can as he had to bring in 6/7 new players to the team in Japan. I'd rather take a chance on that compared with serial managerial failures like Frank Lampard. Muscat knows how to win trophies. Most of the names on the list have been nowhere near trophies.

3 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Evidence suggests he can as he had to bring in 6/7 new players to the team in Japan. I'd rather take a chance on that compared with serial managerial failures like Frank Lampard. Muscat knows how to win trophies. Most of the names on the list have been nowhere near trophies.

Oh, yes: if it's a straight choice, it's Muscat.

I just have that sneaking suspicion...