Poll Re-run: Who is your preferred choice as the new manager?

Who is your preferred choice as the next manager of Rangers?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your preferred choice as the next manager of Rangers?

2 hours ago, CammyF said:

Maybe it's just a reaction to where we've been recently, but I can't get excited about either candidate.

I'll give whomever gets the job 100% support and hope and pray they'll be successful. 

Aye, same for me, I almost don’t care who gets the job.

All the real talking takes place on the pitch.  We just have to hope the board make the right choice and the new manager can get this squad up and running, before shifting some of the serial losers ASAP.  

Edited by Gonzo79

3 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

Aye, same for me, I almost don’t care who gets the job.

It's important to remember this is just football. There's always a light on the horizon and hope has to spring eternal.

The really dressing stuff is what's going on in Israel and in human trafficking or drugs gangs. 

1 minute ago, Gonzo79 said:

All the real talking takes place on the pitch.  We just have to hope the board make the right choice and the new manager can get this squad up and running, before shifting some of the serial losers ASAP.  

That's it though isn't it, just when you think you've seen the worst of Tavs defending he'll drop the mother of all howlers and then the next game put one in top bins.

Enigma of a player.

And if we're being honest with ourselves, his legs had gone in the Seville season - he was absolutely towing in that final.

Just get it over and done with,I don't want to sit in my GF seat as depressed as I was for the last ten minutes of the sheep game so look to our new manager for at least an uplift in performance.

Hopefully either of the two in contention get the post as I have nightmares on Lampard.

I wonder if there is a manager alive who could get much more quality out of our current team. I do not have much hope on that front, but I do believe they could be much better organised. Clement would be my choice, and if he gets the job organising them is all I believe he can do, until he gets to the next window. There are more than a few players I just do not trust in Ibrox at the moment. 

28 minutes ago, Graeme Ro55 said:

I wonder if there is a manager alive who could get much more quality out of our current team. I do not have much hope on that front, but I do believe they could be much better organised. Clement would be my choice, and if he gets the job organising them is all I believe he can do, until he gets to the next window. There are more than a few players I just do not trust in Ibrox at the moment. 

I've felt the same way for some considerable time. I suspect there's some quiet poison in our dressing that's been wielding more influence than our managers and pulling in completely different directions. 

I was Clement originally but have probably switched to Muscat in the last 24 hours mainly due to his no-nonsense approach and someone earlier mentioned Clement might be a bit weak (he certain doesnt look it) which is something we had in GVB and the players cant be running the dressing room. I dont see the PLG comparison fully because I cant imagine any of the current squad being quite as strong as Barry Ma Baw Ferguson was at the time (but what Id do for him on the field right now!). 

But as Cammy said - neither gets you of your feet with enthusiasm for one reason or another, but its something we have to accept.  

Those players will be given a clean slate when the new manager comes in, I suspect. The only new manager bounce I expect see is a dead cat bounce. I therefore expect another rebuild next summer. We will not win a title with Tav, Goldson, Barisic, Lammers, Dessers. Thankfully, Barisic, Lundstram and Jack contracts are up next summer, but I fear Tav and Goldson will continue here. God knows what we do with £8m worth of forward duds, I don't see any potential in them at all.