The Winter 2023/24 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

This is a player who has made 18 first team appearances in his entire life, none in Brazil I'd add. I'm not entirely sure how he'll get a work permit, but that aside we're buying very much untried potential, he's unlikely to be ready for our first team. Both Diomande and Jefre are young players, playing in weaker leagues than ours looking to make a step up in standard. It's an interesting signing strategy, but it's risky. Whether either are currently ready to improve our first team remains to be seen. 

I mean we've bought players from better leagues than ours and they've been disasters, so I'm not knocking this new strategy, just pointing out both these players might need time to adjust. 

3 minutes ago, JohnMc said:

I'm not entirely sure how he'll get a work permit

This was my first thought on this deal, I just don't see how we'll manage it unless his mum or dad is a secret Scotsman

4 minutes ago, lenny3k said:

This was my first thought on this deal, I just don't see how we'll manage it unless his mum or dad is a secret Scotsman

His mum is a Scotsman 😳 everyone anyone 

Edited by CammyF

1 hour ago, Uilleam said:

We have signed Mohammed Diamonde, who has a medical history embracing Malaria.

Hello, Britain...Gin and tonics e.g. 'quinine'  should set him straight. ;) 

1 hour ago, Uilleam said:

Not only that,  the Flu is based in that area of Rio de J. known as -whisper it, if you can manage- Laranjeiras.....

Worrying, no?

What do you mean? 

A Laranjeira is an orange tree.

Perfect fit!

47 minutes ago, JohnMc said:

This is a player who has made 18 first team appearances in his entire life, none in Brazil I'd add. I'm not entirely sure how he'll get a work permit, but that aside we're buying very much untried potential, he's unlikely to be ready for our first team. Both Diomande and Jefre are young players, playing in weaker leagues than ours looking to make a step up in standard. It's an interesting signing strategy, but it's risky. Whether either are currently ready to improve our first team remains to be seen. 

I mean we've bought players from better leagues than ours and they've been disasters, so I'm not knocking this new strategy, just pointing out both these players might need time to adjust. 

Is the Danish league weaker than ours? 

1 hour ago, Malangsob said:

Hello, Britain...Gin and tonics e.g. 'quinine'  should set him straight. ;) 

What do you mean? 

A Laranjeira is an orange tree.

Perfect fit!

(Colonials, eh?)

Why don't you sit down and have a nice cup of tea, and some plain cake. 

2 hours ago, JohnMc said:

I'm not entirely sure how he'll get a work permit,

Not sure how it works these days but in the days of Jardel it was capped. I’m sure it no longer is and the criteria is far more loose.

Without getting too political knocking back a migrant who is about to take up a job earning a few grand a week seems to contradict our overall migration policy.