[FT] Rangers 2 (Dessers 5, 78) - 0 Hearts

After the last three performances, the only realistic way to view Sunday is with a sense of dread.  We have been bloody awful recently.

A Hearts fan was goading me yesterday and I just reminded him that Hearts fans should maybe not get uppity about things that happen at Dens Park, which soon put his gas at a peep.  Tosser.

1 hour ago, weebluedevil said:

I'd rather McLaughlin play left back than Barisic, but I agree Sterling's needed in midfield. 

I'm no fan of Borna, but we need to start with our strongest team, and for me if Ridvan is not available then Borna should start is all I'm saying, too much tinkering with the team is not the right thing to do especially when we are going through a bad spell.

Is it possible to play Sterling at RB with Tav in front of him on the right?.

We'll win. It's gonna be tighter than a Scot's purse strings...but we'll win.

Big Phil will stop the skid.

Dessers

Matondo

Todd

Sima

Dio

Lundstram

Sterling 

Souttar

Goldson

Tav

Butland

Monty Python Reaction GIF

Wee check ...

4 games so far, 4 wins, goals for 11, goals against 2

MD 10 - Ibrox - 2-1 (Tavernier, pen. (Goldson); Danilo (Tavernier))

Butland

Tavernier - Goldson - Davies - Ridvan

Lundstram - Raskin

Lammers - Cantwell - Sima

Dessers

Subs:

HT Danilo -> Dessers

64. Wright -> Raskin

76. McCausland -> Cantwell

83. Jack -> Lammers

League Cup - Semi-Final - Hampden - 3-1 (Tavernier pen. (Danilo), Wright (Danilo), Tavernier)

Butland

Tavernier - Goldson - Balogun - Barisic

Jack - Lundstram

Cantwell - Lammers - Sima

Danilo

Subs:

HT Wright -> Cantwell

71. Lawrence -> Lammers

77. Davies -> Balogun

77. Dessers -> Danilo

90. Sterling -> Tavernier

MD 16 - Tynecastle - 1-0 (Sima (Tavernier))

Butland

Tavernier - Goldson - Balogun - Ridvan

Lawrence - Lundstram

McCausland - Cantwell - Sima

Danilo

Subs: 

19. Cifuentes -> Lawrence

71. Sterling -> Ridvan

71. Roofe -> Danilo

88. Lammers -> Cantwell

MD 27 - Ibrox - 5-0 (Diomande (Cortes), Cortes (Lawrence), Dessers (Souttar), Dessers, Silva (Lundstram)

Butland

Tavernier - Goldson - Souttar - Ridvan

Diomande - Lundstram

Sterling - Lawrence - Cortes

Dessers

Subs:

56. Silva -> Lawrence

56. McCausland -> Sterling

71. Raskin -> Diomande

71. Wright -> Cortes

79. Roofe -> Dessers

Back to basics - let's play players in their natural / best positions. 

Would be surprised if Yilmaz makes it tomorrow (may make the bench) so Barisic should come into defence and Stirling moved into midfield. 

Think our issue will be who plays in the offensive positions as we'll need to score goals - for me, Dessers over Silva at 9, Sima and Matondo wide and Cantwell at 10. 

22 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

After the last three performances, the only realistic way to view Sunday is with a sense of dread.  We have been bloody awful recently.

A Hearts fan was goading me yesterday and I just reminded him that Hearts fans should maybe not get uppity about things that happen at Dens Park, which soon put his gas at a peep.  Tosser.

The bit about Dens made me smile!

As for tomorrow absolutely no faith in the team at the moment. If we lose tomorrow the season ticket renewal email is going in the bin. That's the spirit :D 

3 hours ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Even if it means bringing in our serial Croation shitbag, we need Sterling in the middle or wide right. He gives us energy. 

Borna is to passive invites pressure encourages opponents and has one weapon in his arsenal which he rarely uses, I would rather a youth player who has hardly played at least they would show some youthful desire and passion, if he does play I hope he makes me eat my words but borna hardly ever surprises with his performances nowadays, he checked out of rangers a long time ago.

Edited by WorthingBear91

I can't say I'm excited or looking forward to the game tomorrow. Clement has taken this team full circle back to where we were with Beale at the start of the season. There's no credit left in the bank as far as I'm concerned.