[FT] Celtic 2 - 1 Rangers (Dessers 40')

6 hours ago, Rousseau said:

Think About It GIF by Identity

Truth be told, we have been dire for weeks, if not months. I have no sado-masochistic tendencies, so I do not need to see the howling hordes at the Scumhut getting their fill today. Not least when our squad is a) ravaged by injuries, b) have players who simply don't have it any more, and c) us playing a tactic that is and has been shyte. By comparison, they have been blessed with injury free runs for years now.

Aside from this, we threw it all away at Ross County and vs Dundee. A dead man on a blind horse can see that while creating dozens of chances in nearly every game, we don't have enough players to make them count. Even if we have those players ready, we stick to the same game plan. Recipe for failure, repeated all over again. 

One might "take heart" that we have been f@cked by VAR decision in games against them, and the injury record to our best players this season is probably the worst in living memory. No excuse, just a statement of fact. 

Since returning to the top flight we have won only 10 OF games and 8 of those were under SGs tenure. The other 2 victories were a Scottish Cup semi-final win in extra-time and a 3-0 win last season. 

Say what you want about SG, we quickly worked out how to defeat them on a regular basis. In fact, he had them fearing playing us. 

I’m still trying to figure out how Lundstrum was a red card today but the Dan Casey challenge on Ross McCausland wasn’t in our recent game v Motherwell

1 hour ago, der Berliner said:

Aside from this, we threw it all away at Ross County and vs Dundee. A dead man on a blind horse can see that while creating dozens of chances in nearly every game, we don't have enough players to make them count.

Say no more.

33 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Since returning to the top flight we have won only 10 OF games and 8 of those were under SGs tenure. The other 2 victories were a Scottish Cup semi-final win in extra-time and a 3-0 win last season. 

Say what you want about SG, we quickly worked out how to defeat them on a regular basis. In fact, he had them fearing playing us. 

We fear playing them now and I don't just mean the team. We all had zero faith today and the start we nearly made inside the first minute sums up this team

44 minutes ago, CammyF said:

He did but he has the same amount of winners medals as big Phil.

I dont care if you get them beating celtic loads or not.

Just. Win. Hings.

4 minutes ago, Whosthedado said:

We fear playing them now and I don't just mean the team. We all had zero faith today and the start we nearly made inside the first minute sums up this team

Was the same before Gerrard took over, and he quickly changed that feeling. He realised that controlling the midfield was key to winning these games. 

In his first victory in December 2018, we had a midfield of McCorrie, Jack and Arfiled. Not the.most skillful 3, but all could battle.

He managed to install a mentally in the players which served them well and that then spread to the supporters. 

Let's not forget his last OF win was just before he left for Villa, he managed a 1-0 win with a covid ravaged team and masterminded the victory from his sick-bed.

We need a manager who can recreate this, and I have my doubts the PC is that man - 1 point out of 3 games backs that up. 

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

He did but he has the same amount of winners medals as big Phil.

I dont care if you get them beating celtic loads or not.

Just. Win. Hings.

I'd take a league over a league Cup every day of the week. 

And hate to break this to you, but if we are to "win hings", we're going to have to beat Celtic more often than not. 

Edited by CammyF

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, CammyF said:

I'd take a league over a league Cup every day of the week. 

And hate to break this to you, but if we are to "win hings", we're going to have to beat Celtic more often than not. 

If Gerrard was such a good manager how come he never managed to win a domestic cup? He also made a pigs ear of it v Malmo in what would have been a massive boost getting to the CL for the club. I think there is a lot of revisionism around him. He had a good record against Celtic yes, but only really managed to beat them over the course of the season once. 

I think Gerrard is part of the reason why we are where we are, we should have sold off some of his team when we got bids in and not hold on to players for far too long.

Edited by Sutton_blows_goats

9 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

If Gerrard was such a good manager how come he never managed to win a domestic cup? He also made a pigs ear of it v Malmo in what would have been a massive boost getting to the CL for the club. I think there is a lot of revisionism around him. He had a good record against Celtic yes, but only really managed to beat them over the course of the season once. 

I think Gerrard is part of the reason why we are where we are, we should have sold off some of his team when we got bids in and not hold on to players for far too long.

Where did I say he was such a good manager? 

He inherited an absolute shitshow, got us winning in Europe and got us beating Celtic regularly. He then won the league without losing a game.

Maybe if the board had backed him after 55 we might have defeated Malmo, but we'll never know. When Gerrard left we were top of the league.

As for selling off players (or not) how's that Gerrards fault? 

Yes he should have won more  trophies, but I'd say he's the best manager we've had since returning to the top flight.