Cousin free to play tonight.

I think it would be counter productive to play him tonight. The fans are generally not the happiest at the moment so if you have a guy like Cousin playing, he's going to have people on his back at the slightest mistake which will only make his attitude worse. This could play in to Panathinaikos' hands.

I think it would be counter productive to play him tonight. The fans are generally not the happiest at the moment so if you have a guy like Cousin playing, he's going to have people on his back at the slightest mistake which will only make his attitude worse. This could play in to Panathinaikos' hands.

Yet you may get the same with Adam, McCulloch or Boyd. The first 2 have been poor of late and the latter is 50/50 with the fans at this level. Yet I havent been to Obrox for a while so I dont know the general feeling bar from on here.

The crowd probably COULD play a part in how the game goes. True bud.

But................I think the same feeling could be picked up from the fans if we end up with Groundhog Day syndrom of humping the ball up the park to find Novo or Boyd offside. [ok , both have their assets but I have NEVER, in just under 50 years of watching football, seen 2 guys who get caught offside so much.]

An early goal for us would make a difference but the most important thing for me is not to lose a goal.

The crowd probably COULD play a part in how the game goes. True bud.

But................I think the same feeling could be picked up from the fans if we end up with Groundhog Day syndrom of humping the ball up the park to find Novo or Boyd offside. [ok , both have their assets but I have NEVER, in just under 50 years of watching football, seen 2 guys who get caught offside so much.]

An early goal for us would make a difference but the most important thing for me is not to lose a goal.

Agreed. If we get an early goal we could win this easily. It's a big if though!

If we play the 4-5-1 then Cousin could be a big loss to us if he doesn't play. However, if we play a 4-4-2 and play the ball on the deck, I don't really matter who plays up front, I think any 2 of our current strikers can do a job for us just now.

As for Cousin, much as I really rate him and have gone on about how he is a quality player, he seems to have grown in stature by not playing and is regarded as an even better player than he has been for us. He was never perfect and was often looking very disinterested and lazy on the pitch, so its strange to see just how much people are saying we'll miss him.

If WS plays a bit more positively in terms of tactics and team selection, I don't think we'll miss him one bit.

As for comparing him to Gio, I think that's bollocks frankly. Gio was a younger player who came here and was prepared to play for a few years to improve, get more experience and then move on to the EPL. I don't have a problem with that.

Cousin came here and the rumours started fairly quickly that he just wanted to play in the EPL. Given his age and his agent, it was obviously another Boumsong situation and apart from making everyone a little bit richer is just taking the piss IMO. The only one's winning are Cousin and his agent.

I think there are a number of issues surrounding the do you, dont you play Cousin issue.

1. Cousin wants to leave and has stated his desire to leave

2. He has had derogatory remarks about his team mates attributed to him (apparently lost in translation....)

3. He has shown on many occasions this season that he simply can't be bothered, he HAS been lazier than Boyd

4. Given 3 above do we really think he will go out there and apply himself professionally ? I for one don't - he wants to leave, has his transfer being decided upon next week and I highly doubt he would put himself in the position of risking injury and the transfer being cancelled.

5. Given 4, I could actually see him requesting not to be selected

6. He DOES have the talent to win games

7. He played great against Lyon and Barca but the one game where he should have been "up for it" which was against Lyon at home, he was completely disinterested again.

I just think we should deploy the 4-4-2 - surely Fergie and Hemdani can give cover for the defence, allowing the wide men to support the front men and putting pressure on the Pana back 4 ?

If we play the 4-5-1 then Cousin could be a big loss to us if he doesn't play. However, if we play a 4-4-2 and play the ball on the deck, I don't really matter who plays up front, I think any 2 of our current strikers can do a job for us just now.

As for Cousin, much as I really rate him and have gone on about how he is a quality player, he seems to have grown in stature by not playing and is regarded as an even better player than he has been for us. He was never perfect and was often looking very disinterested and lazy on the pitch, so its strange to see just how much people are saying we'll miss him.

Yeah spot on there in the first paragraph which is what ive said. If its one upfront then Cousin is the only man for the job. If its 2 up top then any 2 can play.

Second point - what does that say about our current strikers if he has grown in stature!!!