I think that Ally had a better team around him is a given. That was truly a great era. Boyd has the potential and the instinct iMO to match Ally, certainly with his help. I just dunno if WS will play him

Different levels.

The Scottish game wasnt far behind par with europes finest when McCoist burst on the scene. He was scoring in the 80s and early 90s for fun.

The Scottish game has went backwards while the top league in europe have went forward. So McCoists era was a much higher standard.

Boyd isnt fit (literially) to lace Super Allys boots.

Coist worked harder, had more skill, ran faster, moved more, did more in general.

You only have to watch the McCoist clip and see he was much quicker than Boyd.

Even in 1995 when Coisty wasnt playing so much he still did more - who can forget the goal he set up for Gazza at Parkhead when Gazza ran up to the Bears lifting his shirt above his head. For that goal McCoist came wide right at fullpace and swang in a brilliant ball for Gazza - can you imagine Boyd even getting over the the right touchline in a game??

You can make comparisions with the situations they are in but not the standard of player.

The trouble with Boyd is that he and everyone else know why he's not playing - and yet he hasn't done that much to rectify the deficiencies in his game, and give Walter what he wants.

He knows what to do, it's up to him to do it.

The trouble with Boyd is that he and everyone else know why he's not playing - and yet he hasn't done that much to rectify the deficiencies in his game, and give Walter what he wants.

He knows what to do, it's up to him to do it.

very true calscot....

Yip i'll 3rd that.

Plus those who say he must be in the team are acting like he is the only one who can score and if he doesnt play it means the team wont score. This is nonsense, we are still winning games at the moment. Boyd coming in wont improve us due to his style of play or make us score more per game, all it may do is change the name of the goalscorer and make us less active in the final 3rd.

those who say he must be in the team are acting like he is the only one who can score and if he doesnt play it means the team wont score.

i'm not saying that, I just think he is the best striker we have in our squad and that's what I would like him to play :cheers:

haha brilliant (hope this goes on to youtube)

Reporter "How does kris boyd feel about being left on the bench"

smith "don't ask me, ask him" *smirks*

------------------------------------------------------------------

think that confirms boyds done something to piss off smith unless smith is just an old cunt.

Anybody that even TRIES to compare Boyd with McCoist has never seen McCoist play.

And that's a fact.

Post of the week

Boyd couldn't lace Ally's boots - as well as being one of the all time best goalscorers, McCoist could also play football - something that has been forgotten about in recent years. Anyone who says that McCoist was nothing but a finisher hasn't seen McCoist play.

Cammy F