Rangers 3 : 1 Aberdeen - Player Ratings and MoM Poll

I just dont get it mate. He may not be the perfect forward but how many teams in the world have that? The fact is, he plays and he normally scores. He seems to have worked on his game, but is it not all about putting the ball in the net more times than the opposition?

If thats the case then who do we have at the club who is likely to score more goals and win games for us than Boyd? They may work harder, they sure as hell have nothing like his goal to game ratio!

I just dont get it mate. He may not be the perfect forward but how many teams in the world have that? The fact is, he plays and he normally scores. He seems to have worked on his game, but is it not all about putting the ball in the net more times than the opposition?

If thats the case then who do we have at the club who is likely to score more goals and win games for us than Boyd? They may work harder, they sure as hell have nothing like his goal to game ratio!

you can't please everyone m8, some fans would rather have a striker who ran his socks off and scored less than a striker who scores more goals.............what makes a good team and even a striking partnership is players with different qualities, boyds quality is scoring goals, someone else should be doing the work for him IMO.........

I agree mate. Totally. The guy has a gift/knack watever you want to call it for putting the ball in the net.

Best partnership I ever seen is Coisty & Hately. Who worked harder? Possibly unfair as they are both legends and what Hately did himself when Coisty was out with the broken leg was just phenomanal.

IMO Boyd is the closest we have had to Coisty ever since.

I think you guy's are looking at the small picture. Yes it is great if a striker scores goals. You have to remember the midfield have to cover about 70yards from defence to attack. If the striker can't be used to help bridge that gap then they will more often than not get caught in no-mans land and the defence will end up in a minority situation. It is easy to blame the defence when we lose a goal but the fault starts regularly in the attacking part of the team.

I am not blaming Boyd for all the goals against us but you can have the most beautiful jig saw piece in the world but if it doesn't fit your puzzle it is useless.

I agree mate. Totally. The guy has a gift/knack watever you want to call it for putting the ball in the net.

Best partnership I ever seen is Coisty & Hately. Who worked harder? Possibly unfair as they are both legends and what Hately did himself when Coisty was out with the broken leg was just phenomanal.

IMO Boyd is the closest we have had to Coisty ever since.

Disagree Jon Coisty's overall play was far superior to Boyd's.

I never said it wasnt Pete. Coisty was a one off. He loved the club, loved scoring an if he missed he kept coming back for more an would inevitably get one.

The point was, he was most successful/prolific when playing with Hately.

I honestly think Boyd could score for fun if he had a Hately type figure as a partner in a 442. That doesnt think he's another Ally, I dont think we'll see the like again. I do think he will score for fun as his goals per game ratio shows.

Im not pretending he is the ideal player for a 451 or 433 in the lone stiker role. He clearly isnt. What he does do though is score a shit load more than any of our other strikers.

As I said, could easily be another Boyd thread, which has been done to death, and Im obviously a fan. Sorry, I just like goals.....he provides them.

I never said it wasnt Pete. Coisty was a one off. He loved the club, loved scoring an if he missed he kept coming back for more an would inevitably get one.

The point was, he was most successful/prolific when playing with Hately.

I honestly think Boyd could score for fun if he had a Hately type figure as a partner in a 442. That doesnt think he's another Ally, I dont think we'll see the like again. I do think he will score for fun as his goals per game ratio shows.

Im not pretending he is the ideal player for a 451 or 433 in the lone stiker role. He clearly isnt. What he does do though is score a shit load more than any of our other strikers.

As I said, could easily be another Boyd thread, which has been done to death, and Im obviously a fan. Sorry, I just like goals.....he provides them.

The On Nail The You've Head .

Agree 100% and I've been saying that for ages

Im not going to mention what I think of Boyd coz its pretty obvious. But yet again people rave about him scoring but nobody mentions he missed the pen in the first place.

Only reason he played is coz of JCD and then Cousin was being rested for Werder in midweek. Id have played Nacho well before Boyd.