Rangers 3 : 1 Aberdeen - Player Ratings and MoM Poll

remember footie games in the park. There was always one wee fat bassa that just wanted to stay and wait for the ball to come to him so he could score. That is what i feel about Boyd

Im not going to mention what I think of Boyd coz its pretty obvious. But yet again people rave about him scoring but nobody mentions he missed the pen in the first place.

Only reason he played is coz of JCD and then Cousin was being rested for Werder in midweek. Id have played Nacho well before Boyd.

has no one missed a pen before m8? he made up for it with a good finish

it's unreal to get slagged off for that, he has missed before but never hesitates to take them again good sign IMO.......

i'm glad you don't pick the team that's for sure m8 :fish:

has no one missed a pen before m8? he made up for it with a good finish

it's unreal to get slagged off for that, he has missed before but never hesitates to take them again good sign IMO.......

i'm glad you don't pick the team that's for sure m8 :fish:

He has been a regular for the seasons we havent won a trophy, WS comes in and bit-part plays him and we are still in 4 competitions and id say we will win at least 2 ;)

He has been a regular for the seasons we havent won a trophy, WS comes in and bit-part plays him and we are still in 4 competitions and id say we will win at least 2 ;)

you keep saying that m8 but he's more than done his part topping the scoring charts for Rangers and in the SPL in those 1 1/2 years IMO.

What more can a striker do? it baffles me that people like yourself blame him for not winning a trophy in that time.

It's not really his fault other departments in the team were poor during this time.

it's another boyd thread so i'll make this my last post on the matter :thup:

Im not going to mention what I think of Boyd coz its pretty obvious. But yet again people rave about him scoring but nobody mentions he missed the pen in the first place.

Only reason he played is coz of JCD and then Cousin was being rested for Werder in midweek. Id have played Nacho well before Boyd.

You don't rate Boyd yet you are the one person herewho would choose Sebo an Buffel as 1st choice picks, when they have done fuck all. Boyd has been top scorer since he joined the club FFS

Does look like this needs a seperate thread. I just cannot see the reasoning behind that of you and others on here!

You don't rate Boyd yet you are the one person herewho would choose Sebo an Buffel as 1st choice picks, !

No! Lets get another straight FFS, I have only ever said I wanted these to get another chance. In my language thats doesnt mean they would be first pick.

When will that register with some people?

What have they done to warrant another chance? They have under performed, certainly in the case of Buffel, Sebo tries his heart out but just wasnt good enough.

Boyd plays, Boyd scores. God forbid he ever misses another penalty, regardless if he stuck the rebound away nicely. Fuck, No-one should ever miss a penalty eh?

No! Lets get another straight FFS, I have only ever said I wanted these to get another chance. In my language thats doesnt mean they would be first pick.

When will that register with some people?

I have the same problem as you Gribz. When I say I want Rangers to play to a better standard of football some people on here think that I want Rangers to play perfect football. There's a difference, a big difference in what I want and what perfect football is.

I have the same problem as you Gribz. When I say I want Rangers to play to a better standard of football some people on here think that I want Rangers to play perfect football. There's a difference, a big difference in what I want and what perfect football is.

we all want good football m8 but I took some of your posts as you wanted us playing better/quality football all season with a brand new squad and quite a lot of young players and a new management set up.

it takes time for some players to settle and for a team to gel and as I said we all want a better standard but it takes time to get the right players in and some might not be good enough or right for the team or not settle in scotland etc.

if that's not what you have said then i apologise for misreading your posts :cheers:

Can we let Adam have a chance? A good run in the team? Without getting booed? Or is that different? He's certainly been a far better player for us than either Sebo or Buffel.

I think plenty of players get a chance in WS's team when they show they are ready for it - MacGregor, Hutton, Whittaker, Weir, Cuellar, Papac, Broadfoot, Novo, Beasley, Burke, Hemdani, Davis, Dailly, Thomson, Faye, McCulloch, Adam, Cousin, Darcheville, Boyd - have all been given decent chances under Smith.

Even Sebo had a few chances to show what he could do.

Webster, Buffel and Smith have been injured for most of WS's tenure and the two defenders are just starting to near first team match fitness. Buffel might be there but has intimated he wants to leave so why should he get a game when the team is winning every week - especially with his reputation for not putting in a shift?

Gow only got here at the beginning of the season and was originally brought in as a squad player in a Bosman deal with a lower Scottish club. He is young and still has time to stake his place, but right now, competition for his place is severe and with a very important championship at stake, he is not going to be risked while others are doing a very good job.

He has to work hard in training and reserve games and show a good attitude, and if he does that, he may start to get a chance. However it's a crucial time at the moment and his introduction won't be done lightly.

We're playing fantasy football while Walter has the huge pressure of doing for real. Celtic are breathing down our necks while we are putting in a fantastic run - we can't afford to slip up to indulge fringe players. If Walter thinks Gow is not quite ready for the cauldron of playing for an OF team then that's his shout. The boo boys are out already for a very young player in Adam, so it's not easy to play in front of that kind of crowd.