Ragers v Dundee United - League Cup Final Thread

Sweet fuck I can't handle that.

Why he started with that 4-5-1 with McCulloch I'll never know. It took us 65 minutes to get anywhere near what the starting 11 should be.

McCulloch is NEVER a striker. He cannot play up top whether it's himself or with a partner.

But a wins a win.. thank fuck for Boyd.

For me JCD made one hell of a difference today, even though it was Boyd who scored the goals, we need to dump 4-5-1 though as there is not enough movement up front playing that! We do need to try and make Davis a Rangers player though, another top class performance from him.

Sweet fuck I can't handle that.
me either, i think watching rangers is like what people experience when they get a tatoo. its painful, but all the endorphins that get released makes you associate it with pleasure, and it makes it all the more likely you will go through it again. i thought they odne just magnificently well to come back a few times on what was clearly an off day. no matter what anyone says, or how much it shouldnt be, there is always a european hangover - its how you deal with it that counts! its a good time to be a rangers supporter - the first time in a while!

For me JCD made one hell of a difference today, even though it was Boyd who scored the goals, we need to dump 4-5-1 though as there is not enough movement up front playing that! We do need to try and make Davis a Rangers player though, another top class performance from him.

we can't just dump it as it is this formation that has got us where we are this season. We didn't have the players available to play a 4-5-1 IMO but he changed it early and we won the cup :drink:

we can't just dump it as it is this formation that has got us where we are this season. We didn't have the players available to play a 4-5-1 IMO but he changed it early and we won the cup :drink:

Yeah, your right we cant just dump it, but I do think it needs to be changed, it's all one having a sold defence and not letting goals in but if you cant balance that out by scoring then it still wont work! In saying that I will back WS to the hilt at the end of the day he knows what he is doing, we wont always agree with it and people will have different opinions of his tactics, but we'll still back him, why? Because he is the Rangers manager and we are the people!:cheers:

Walter just needs to realise a little sooner when to drop this tactic 4-5-1 for 4-4-2. 4-5-1 wasn't working for most of the game today, we keept punting it long and the big DU centre backs kept heading it away. When JCD came on we looked better, but we never tried to split their defence with a through ball for him or Boyd to run on to (Kerr did the trick tho!)

I know I shouldn't be moaning, but we almost threw this game away by not tweaking the tactics earlier.