Summer 2008 Transfer Rumours Thread

I can guarantee you Walter will be relying on Lee to be one of his "big characters" that we need to get through this. It won't matter that he's shite at football.....:ffs:

Sorry it is not McCulloch's fault, it is our glorious managers fault. "Okay boys our tactics are we will punt a high ball up to Lee out on the left. Lee will header the ball 40 yards into the penalty area, where our lone striker will turn the ball into the net. If this does not work we will use plan B defend the throw in if Lee fails to header the ball.

Agree with Cotter, McCulloch will be a key man in WS plans.

Im trying to think about where we could get a good few million after not getting into the CL without selling Carlos or Hemdani.

McCulloch 2.2 million from Stoke

Boyd 2.5 to 3 million from cardiff

or Cousin the same fee to cardiff

Darcheville 1.5 million from somebody

I'm not saying it's his fault that he's pish, it's simply a case of talent. You either have it or you don't. He has brought nothing to the team since a headed goal in Lyon. He hasn't played wide left at all this season and guess what? He still looks a dud. I'm sick of triers.

Agree with Cotter, McCulloch will be a key man in WS plans.

Im trying to think about where we could get a good few million after not getting into the CL without selling Carlos or Hemdani.

McCulloch 2.2 million from Stoke

Boyd 2.5 to 3 million from cardiff

or Cousin the same fee to cardiff

Darcheville 1.5 million from somebody

I think your figures are a bit unrealistic for Cousin. I dont think we could give him away never mind 3 million

We'd be lucky to get about 1.7M for him at the moment. Darche is probalby worth about 500k max due to his injury problems and age.

We should take 2M for McCulloch though and I'd rather sell Boyd than Cuellar - he doesn't seem to get a look in anyway.

Hemdani would probably only raise a token fee of about 250k.

I'd like to get rid of Burke but he's injured so no chance.

There would be a mass riot if this happened

I think it's more likely there would be no more than a murmur of discontent before composed silence returned to the Ibrox stands. Perhaps the odd "tut tut Walter, I hope you cleared this with Sir David", before heading for home after 70 minutes.