Summer 2008 Transfer Rumours Thread

I thought Gomis was the best non old firm player last season. He didn't play good against us, he was outstanding. Every time. He is extremely comfortable on the ball, fuck me he actually moves with the ball at his feet, and his first touch is superb. I'd like to see him and beasley fighting for LM. Adam and big Lee GTF.:rfc:

I know it's a gamble on most players but how is it most other clubs in the SPL seem to pick up good players and see good potential and we don't? Is our scouting system that bad or non existent that we can't get bargains anymore?

I know it's a gamble on most players but how is it most other clubs in the SPL seem to pick up good players and see good potential and we don't? Is our scouting system that bad or non existent that we can't get bargains anymore?

They spotted Kenny Miller didn't they.:confused:

They spotted Kenny Miller didn't they.:confused:

don't think it was the scouting system as such though m8, we had him before and WS and Ally worked with him at Scotland and it's not as if he's not well known.

The likes of hearts take chances on players from europe and some have paid off big style and they have made good profits from them. Same as Hibs, Dundee Utd etc all pick up bargains from europe or lower clubs unlike us......

don't think it was the scouting system as such though m8, we had him before and WS and Ally worked with him at Scotland and it's not as if he's not well known.

The likes of hearts take chances on players from europe and some have paid off big style and they have made good profits from them. Same as Hibs, Dundee Utd etc all pick up bargains from europe or lower clubs unlike us......

Sorry Johnny i was being sarcastic. As far as i can see the Rangers scouting system is non-existent. As far as i know there is a computer programme linked to a website where every prof football player in the world is registered. The length of their contract and availability and other such info are all there. I take it Rangers also have this option. Having the option and being able to dig out the info you want or being bothered to dig out the info are two different things.

As i said before Walter won't leave his comfort zone anyway.

Sorry Johnny i was being sarcastic. As far as i can see the Rangers scouting system is non-existent. As far as i know there is a computer programme linked to a website where every prof football player in the world is registered. The length of their contract and availability and other such info are all there. I take it Rangers also have this option. Having the option and being able to dig out the info you want or being bothered to dig out the info are two different things.

As i said before Walter won't leave his comfort zone anyway.

I thought as much but wasn't too sure :thup: