Summer 2008 Transfer Rumours Thread

However, Smith is working on a shoestring budget of his own this summer and - with little more than �£6m available to him - he could be faced with a very difficult decision if a big bid comes in.

What the fuck is this ?,I hope this is just the usual pish from the Record !!

However, Smith is working on a shoestring budget of his own this summer and - with little more than �£6m available to him - he could be faced with a very difficult decision if a big bid comes in.

What the fuck is this ?,I hope this is just the usual pish from the Record !!

i hope so too m8 but it wouldn't surprise me if we didn't get much to spend!!!

If Rangers or even the scum invested say �£20m on players they could dominate for years to come IMO...........but i don't think either will........

I'd be gutted and very angry if Thomson, Cuellar or McGregor left this close season and when coupled with the Miller signing would be interesting to see if it woke up any of the pro-Murray brigade to what's going on here.

As for JCD, its been mentioned a few times that he could go if an offer came in and given his fitness problems, maybe he wouldn't be a great loss?

i hope so too m8 but it wouldn't surprise me if we didn't get much to spend!!!

If Rangers or even the scum invested say �£20m on players they could dominate for years to come IMO...........but i don't think either will........

What like Advocaat did with about 40M? Spending money doesn't guarantee anything, just ask Roman Abramovich.

I'm sure Walter will have a reasonable budget but it will be in the confines of our income. We can't constantly spend more money than we have, that's why the UK is facing a credit crunch - and that's why Leeds are in League One.

We have no chance of signing any big stars these days due to English teams getting 50M from TV; they are all out of our reach and we have to face it.

We are competing with bottom end Prem teams and Championship clubs for players and there's not much we can do about it while the disparity of tv income is so great.

it's just my opinion m8, of course it could go wrong every player is a gamble no matter how much they cost but we need to buy better quality to even have a chance of getting back on top. If we spent about that amount on the right players then we would IMO but I know it's not that easy. There are surely better players out there for �£2m than the likes of miller even in the SPL he has hasn't really been that good IMO, hard worker that's it for me.

I don't know why we don't look at other european leagues for bargains and take a chance and get 1 or 2 big names in if we can for at least �£5m.

Looks like Velicka will be signing soon.

Meanwhile, former Hearts striker Andrius Velicka will fly into Scotland over the weekend to finalise his �£1m move to Ibrox from Viking Stavanger.

Viking director of football Egil Ostenstad, who had a brief spell as a Rangers player, last night revealed he expected the deal to go ahead after two days of talks with Ibrox chief executive Martin Bain.

Ostenstad said: "The discussions with Martin have been good and I believe Andrius will be in Scotland in the next couple of days for personal talks and a medical."

Looks like Velicka will be signing soon.

My jambo supporting friend out here isnt happy at us making this signing - which is a good sign because he thinks Velicka will score goals for fun with us.

Here's hoping.

My jambo supporting friend out here isnt happy at us making this signing - which is a good sign because he thinks Velicka will score goals for fun with us.

Here's hoping.

Fraser was touting him for a while as well and he was voted the most stupid user.:D